Chapter 42

Todoroki ended up staying for another two hours before his sister came to pick him up. Apparently Endeavor had forgotten his son was with him, and left the hospital after refusing treatment from the nurses. 

The next morning, Izuku left the hospital with Sansa and returned to Musutafu. His mother was waiting at the Police Department with Asahi.  Both women scolded him, hugged him, and scolded him more. Apparently, according to Tsukauchi, they had been brainstorming what they were both gonna say to him before he arrived. Izuku wasn't sure of he believed him or not, but both women did seem very confident in what they were saying.

The last two days of the internship went without any major events. He helped Tsukauchi organize witness reports from a few more cases and was allowed to watch Tsukauchi interrogate a local drug dealer. Still, his mother inspected him for injuries every evening when he returned home.  

****

To say Aizawa was pissed would be an understatement. You'd think he could watch the news without seeing his new #1 Problem Child bite a serial killer. Unfortunately not, because when he turned on the news Thursday morning, him and Yamada both stared in shock at the screen as it read: U.A. Support Student Helps In The Capture of The Hero Killer: Stain.

Now, it was Monday morning. The first day back from internships and Aizawa was standing in Nezu's office, glaring at the principal.

"How can I help you, Aizawa?" Nezu asked with a smile on his face.

"Why was Midoriya in Hosu?" 

"Tsukauchi was added to the case of the hero killer," Nezu answered simply. "My turn, how was Shinso's internship?"

"The kid is eager to learn, but he still has a long way to go before he's caught up to the other hero students." Aizawa narrowed his eyes. "Why weren't the rest of the teachers notified when Midoriya was taken to the hospital?"

"Higari was notified, since he is his homeroom teacher." Nezu took a sip of tea before continuing. "I must say, I've never seen you favour a student so much before, Shota."

"I don't do favourites, Nezu." The mammal merely raised his eyebrow and Aizawa rolled his eyes in response. "He is still my student. He's Hizashi's student too. Do you know how loud he got when he saw the news?"

"My apologies, perhaps a mass email would have been beneficial." Nezu said calmly. "But I still believe you do favour Midoriya and Shinso. After all, you didn't complain when I switched your two training days a week to one every day." 

Aizawa scowled at that. He told himself that it was only to help Shinso catch up to 1A. It had nothing to do with the fact that those two were slightly more tolerable than the rest of his class.

"I don't do favourites," he stated again before leaving the office. He had the urge to scold the mammal more, but he knew it would lead to nothing. At least he will have the chance to scold Midoriya during his training session. 

"Damn Problem Child..."

****

Izuku wasn't sure what to do. He was frozen in place, barely breathing as he looked into the eye of the most frightening thing he's ever seen. Should he be calling it a thing? Probably not, but it didn't look very human-like with the amount of anger it had in its eyes. Should he run? No, he wouldn't make it. Maybe it was best to let the beast kill him... Oh well, he'd lived to the age of 15, that's pretty good,  right?

"Um, Hatsu? I think Mido gets it, you can stop with that face now." Izuku has never been so thankful to have Abiko as a friend as he is right now. Mei finally relented and dropped her glare before pouting.