Chapter 19

Tsukauchi sat at his desk reading over the information he gathered from Midoriya Izuku. The kid was smart, and observant. Not only did he give an honest description of what happened during the attack, but he also gave detailed theories on the Nomu and Tomura Shigaraki.

The only time throughout the whole interview that gave Tsukauchi any reason to be concerned, was when Midoriya dodged his final question. His answer to whether he saw anything he wasn't supposed to was honest, but specific to the villains. When Tsukauchi asked if he saw anything after the villains left, he received a partial truth.

Tsukauchi sighed as he leaned back in his chair. He couldn't have outright asked the kid 'Did you see All Might's secret form' or else the results would have been worse if the kid hadn't. Damn, Toshinori was very touchy about his secret. If he found out Tsukauchi had accidentally outed him to a high schooler... Tsukauchi didn't want to even imagine the scolding he would receive.

Then again, if the kid did know... Would it benefit Toshinori to know?

Tsukauchi gnawed at the question before looking at the time.

1:54 am

Another sigh left Tsukauchi's mouth as he packed his things.

I'm officially making this U.A.'s problem. If Midoriya knows, it is their job to make sure he keeps it under wraps.

****

"Mom, I promise I'll be safe. It's just a train ride to Kyoto Prefecture and Mei said she'll meet me at the station!" Izuku was still trying to convince his mother it was not necessary that she came with him to his friends house. That morning he had found out he didn't have school until the following week, so he had asked Mei if she wanted to brainstorm some new support gadgets they could work on together.

"If you're sure... but I want to kno0w exactly when you arrive and when you leave!" his mother finally agreed. Izuku let go of his breath and hugged his mother from behind.

"You're the best, you know that?" Izuku said as he tightened the hug.

"Well of course I am, I'm me," his mother laughed. Izuku laughed with her before packing his notebooks in his bag and hurrying off to the station.

"I'm on the train now!" -Izu2136

"Great! Let me know when you get close!" -Hatsy4567

Izuku smiled at his phone before looking around him. He had always enjoyed people watching since he was fascinated with other people's quirks. The most obvious were mutational quirks, but sometimes Izuku would see someone slip up and activate their quirk, most of them being children.

One specific child, who looked like their quirk had just come in, was struggling to keep her body from turning into water. Every few minutes she would get distracted with her thoughts and Izuku could see her hands and arms turn before she realized and fixed them. The sleeves of her sweater were drenched and Izuku felt bad for the young girl.

Looking out the window, Izuku realized he was one stop away from his destination and quickly messaged Mei. Looking back up, he saw the little girl was staring at him with a curious face. At first he was confused, until he looked down and saw he was wearing his Hawks shirt.

"Do you like Hawks too?" Izuku asked the young girl with a smile. At first she looked embarrassed at being caught, but then shyly nodded yes. "He is an amazing hero. What do you like most about him?"

"H-his wings are really cool... And he likes chicken. I like chicken." the young girl replied thoughtfully. Izuku smiled at the girl's simple response.