Chapter 40

Izuku stayed silent as Tsukauchi asked them questions. Unfortunately, after the Hero Killer injured Iida's hand, he knocked him out so he didn't have much information. However, his brother did.

"You couldn't move?" Tsukauchi confirmed. Ingenium nodded his head and looked at his hands, seeming to try and remember.

"I don't know how he activated his quirk. I just remember being cut and then I fell to the ground." Ingenium spoke softly, but Izuku could hear the regret in his voice. "We were so close, but the second he got Tenya I became sloppy. I'm sorry."

Izuku wasn't paying much attention as Ingenium apologized, too hung up on Stain's quirk.

Paralyzed after he was cut. Stain. Stain. Blood. That's it. 

"What's it, kid?" Tsukauchi said, breaking Izuku out of his mumbling. "You got something?"

"Blood," Izuku said simply. "The Hero Killer told an eye witness that he was gonna 'Stain the streets with the blood of fake heroes'. Ingenium said he was paralyzed after he was cut, after he bled. His quirk needs blood to activate."

Izuku looked up to see everyone was staring at him. It was Tsukauchi who spoke first.

"Sansa, get this information to every hero on the case or in Hosu." Sansa nodded before leaving. Tsukauchi turned back to Izuku with a small smile. "Good catch, kid. This information will already help any heroes that go in combat against Stain from now on." Izuku felt a small warmth build in his chest at the praise he received. He simply nodded and continued playing with his sleeves as Tsukauchi and the Chief started their own conversation.

At the sound of a whistle, Izuku looked over to see Ingenium watching him. "You're a smart cookie. No wonder Tsukauchi's got you around. What's he doing with a U.A. kid anyways? I thought Gen. Ed. kids got internships in their second year?"

"Oh, I'm in the support course. I'm interning with Detective Tsukauchi since I want to be a quirk analyst as well as a support engineer." Izuku explained. Ingenium nodded, in understanding.

"Ah, so you're the kid all my friends have been talking about." Izuku faltered, a look of confusion coming across his face. 

"Who?" 

"Oh, I went to school with a couple of your teachers. Including the support engineer you borrowed from me last week." Ingenium said matter of factly. A new look of understanding came across his face as he remembered Ingenium would be the same age as Aizawa, Yamada, and Kayama- sensei. 

"Oh! Yeah, Genji-san helped me make a new capture weapon for a friend of mine. He plans on being an underground hero like Eraserhead, so I thought he might like a similar weapon." Izuku smiled as he remembered the costume he had made for Shinso. "I also designed his hero costume, he should be trying it this week."

"That is very kind of you, Midoriya," Iida said, his arm in its signature choppy motion. "This is the third time you've made something for a friend and you are only in your first year. I am very impressed."

"Thank you, Iida." Izuku said with a small bluush. He began to rub the back of his head as he continued. "Mei-chan and I actually came up with some improvements for your own costume. If you'd like, you and Uraraka could join us in the support lab next week to discuss them?" 

"I would be honoured to have your input, Midoriya! Thank you!" Iida responded. Izuku saw a small smirk come onto Iida's face and couldn't help but feel relieved. 

"Midoriya," Izuku looked over to see Sansa had returned and was with Tsukauchi and the Chief at the door. Tsukauchi continued, "We have a meeting at the Police Department. We better get going."