Chapter 39

*All Might's POV*

Toshinori sat in shock as he stared at the boy in front of him. When was the last time he was invited to a family dinner? Other than by Dave, it would probably have been at least six years ago by Nighteye before their falling out. He was about to say 'yes' when a look of realization came across the boy's face.

"Your small form! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Yagi-san." Midoriya rushed, Toshinori tried to stop him but the boy continued. "I should have realized, of course you want your secret to be kept. Though I know for certain my mother would never utter a word about it, I completely understand if you say no. Oh! Who am I kidding? You're the number one hero of course you have better things to do than-"

"Young Midoriya!" Toshinori shouted, grabbing the boys attention. The innocent look in the boys face warmed his heart even more as he said, "I would love to have dinner with you and your mother, but perhaps, you should ask her first?" 

"Right!" the boy said brightly as a smile broke out on his face. He quickly fumbled with his phone before messaging his mother. There was an immediate 'ping' that sounded and the boy looked up brightly at him. "She said yes! Apparently she made some extra for lunches anyways." 

****

Izuku couldn't help but be excited as he led All Might to his apartment. He had told his mother that All Might was in his 'civilian form' to which she responded with a bunch of question marks. At least he warned her he looked different, right? It didn't matter now, though, as he unlocked the door and ushered the hero in. A small gasp escaped his mother as she saw what Izuku had meant and she quickly apologized.

"I'm so sorry, All Might. I just wasn't expecting you to look this different." She said as she took his coat and placed it on the hook. "There are some guest shoes here that you can use. Would you like some tea?"

"I would love some, and please, call me Toshinori." Izuku faltered as he heard All Might ask his mother to use his first name.

"Well, then you can call me Inko," his mother said sweetly as the two of them went towards the kitchen. Izuku stood there in shock before following them. He didn't fail to notice the smile that came across his hero's face when he noticed Izuku's All Might themed sign on his bedroom door. 

"You have a lovely home," All Might, no Yagi. If he's in my house I should call him Yagi, said as he went to sit at the kitchen island, Izuku siting next to him.

"Thank you," Inko said as she started setting up the kettle. "I made yakitori, I hope you like it."

"I do, I actually haven't had it in a long time." A-Yagi said before turning to Izuku. "You should be very. proud of your son, he helped a young boy today at his internship." His mother quickly turned, a happy look on her face.

"It went well?" Izuku nodded.

"Shoyo-kun already feels more comfortable about his quirk. He was even willing to experiment a little!" Izuku said happily, thinking of the bright smile on the boy's face. 

"Oh! That's wonderful!" Inko said before turning and opening the oven to retrieve thee already finished dinner. "Why don't you set table and I'll bring over the food?"

Izuku did as his mother asked and set the table, refusing to allow Yagi help him and instead leading the man to his seat before finishing his work. His mother quickly joined hem and they dug in, engaging in conversation with each other. They talked about the Shield's, Yagi's position at the school, Izuku's internship, and his mother's shift at the hospital.

After dinner, Inko was quick to take the dishes, telling the boys to take a seat in the living room as she finished up and got some cookies out for dessert. As he was seated on the couch, he noticed Yagi's tie. It was perfect, not like his own bulky one. Yagi seemed to notice his staring and looked down. That's when Izuku remembered something.