Chapter 29

It was a miracle they wore the same shoe size, but Izuku did have abnormally large feet for his height. His doctor said he was most likely to grow as tall as 180 cm (5'11") and Izuku was praying for his growth spurt to come soon. Izuku was seated next to Takahashi in the 1-H spectator section with his notebook in hand, taking notes on all of the fighters in the first round.

"And now, the first battle of the second round!" Present Mic screamed throughout the arena. Izuku looked up from his notebook in anticipation. "From class 1-A, it's Shoto ToDoRoKiiiii!!!" Loud cheers erupted around the stadium as Todoroki exited the tunnel. "And his competitor, from class 1-C, it's Hitoshi Shinsoooooo!"

The bright red shoes on Shinso's feet obviously didn't belong and he felt the entire class turn to look at him when they noticed. Izuku looked down at the black converse Shinso had switched with him. They were comfortable... but a little bland.

"Ready?! Set! Fight!"

Todoroki was quick to unleash an ice attack, but thanks to the 'Booster Shoes' Shinso dodged and smirked. Izuku could tell he was saying something to upset Todoroki because the next attack was even bigger and Shinso was barely able to dodge. Izuku sucked in a breath when he saw a piece of ice hit Shinso's shoulder.

"Man! Todoroki is brutal!" Takahashi hissed. "Guess he is the son of Endeavor."

"Don't compare him to his father." Izuku said seriously. The class gave him a questioning look and Izuku sighed. "I heard him speaking to his Dad after the cavalry round and his Dad was being really tough on him. I think he's under a lot of pressure. He's really nice when he's off the field."

"I didn't even think about that!" Abiko gasped from his other side. "He's probably got a lot more riding on this being the son of the number two hero." Another glacier was made and Izuku could see both Shinso and Todoroki visibly shaking.

Todoroki... He's not using his flames because of his father, but his temperature is dropping. He's gonna go into hypothermia before the tournament's over! Maybe even this match!

Todoroki seemed to realize this as well and finally captured Shinso in a giant piece of ice. Izuku sighed, both proud of Todoroki and sorry for Shinso. Izuku could see Shinso was frustrated as Todoroki helped him out of the ice. The two separated and Shinso walked towards his tunnel, underneath class 1-C and just next to 1-H.

"Good job Shinso!!!!" A student from 1-C yelled. Shinso seemed surprised and looked up to his class mates.

"Way to represent 1-C!"

"You were amazing!

"Nice shoes!"

"Shinso!!" Izuku yelled as he leaned over the bar. "Way to go buddy!"

His classmates joined and soon the entire stadium did as well. Shinso let a small smile appear on his face before he disappeared into the tunnel. Izuku took his seat before retrieving his notebook and recording his concerning notes on Todoroki. He had also started a new page for Shinso with a list of support items he could propose for the boy.

****

"Kacchan, you won. Can you at least try to look nonchalant instead of angry?" Izuku asked as the two walked home from the festival. He knew asking him to look happy was out of the question as the blonde fumed. They were headed to the Bakugo's where he knew there would be a cake as well as his mom's version of spicy curry (Bakugo's favourite). Bakugo was wearing a sour look, still upset about his match against Todoroki.

"Damn Half n' Half only gave 50%. The damn bastard." Bakugo sneered angrily. Izuku sighed next to him.

"That wasn't him trying to humiliate you, Kacchan." Izuku said, trying to calm his friend.