Chapter 8

Izuku's lesson on welding went a lot better than he thought it would. He was slightly scared at first since he had seen how many sparks shot out when the tools were being used, but Mr. Murata ensured him the protective gear would protect him as long as he wore it properly. They had started in the office, though and had gone over the different motions and techniques of welding. At the end of the day, Mr. Murata let Izuku try out the circular motion technique. Izuku didn't do too bad at it and was able to weld the two pieces of metal pretty well.

When he got home he went to his usual spot on the kitchen island to tell his mom all that he had learned during the day. Inko just smiled as she listened to her son go on and on about things she didn't understand. She was slightly surprised at hearing that Izuku was actually putting it into practice already. Having him learn how to sew last month was one thing, but this was a whole other in safety by comparison.

"Do you have everything packed for tomorrow?" Inko asked, changing the subject before she died hearing about her son using dangerous equipment.

"Almost, I just need to pack extra clothing, just in case," Izuku responded, his head peering over the counter so he could see what his mother was cooking. His hand began to reach out like he was about to take something out of a bowl and Inko shot around to slap his wrist.

"Well you better go finish packing it then, I will finish supper." Inko said, faking an angry face. Izuku laughed as he made his way to his room. He packed an extra pair of jeans and looked for the most ridiculous shirt he had.

Mitsuki Bakugo hated Izuku's t-shirts, but Izuku didn't care and quite enjoyed seeing her face when she read them. He finally found one that said 'Spoon' and put it in his bag. When he exited his room, supper was ready. He ate with his mother, listening to her go over her rules for tomorrow. Izuku listened to them knowing that his mother meant well in her worries. Unlike Bakugo, if Izuku fell he could not shoot himself back up.

"Don't worry Mom," Izuku said, trying to calm her worries. "I will be with Aunt Mistuki the whole time, I promise."

****

Izuku ate his breakfast quickly, excited to go mountain climbing with his old friend. Once he finished he put his dishes in the sink and raced down the hall.

"Bye Mom!" he yelled as he put the big red camping bag over his shoulders. He put on the red hiking shoes and raced down the building's main staircase.

When he finally made it to the Bakugo's house he still had fifteen minutes to spare. Izuku rang the doorbell and waited.

"Izuku!" Mitsuki yelled as she embraced him. Izuku whined and tried to get away from the woman as she hugged him tightly and showered him in kisses on the cheeks. She finally let him go and took his bag off his shoulders. "I'll put this in the van, you go inside and help your Uncle Masaru pack the lunches."

Izuku complied and ran into the kitchen to greet his uncle. He began helping pack the lunches into a cooler when Bakugo shot down the stairs.

"Hurry up! Let's get going!" he yelled as he made his way to the front door.

"You're the last one ready you brat! Stop yelling!" Izuku heard his aunt outside. The two yelled at each other until Izuku and Masaru joined them in the van.

Izuku hopped in the back next to Bakugo. The four made their way to the mountain climbing site. The ride was mostly quiet until Bakugo and Mitsuki began arguing over who's music they were going to play. Masaru turned in the driver's seat to smile at Izuk through the rear view mirror. Izuku smiled back, accustomed to Bakugo's yelling from school and enjoyed the rest of the trip.

When they arrived Bakugo and Masaru began getting the bags out of the trunk while Mitsuki went over the basic with Izuku. The group then went to a moderate trail and made their way through the trees towards the mountain.