Chapter 28

"The bracket's posted!" Uraraka gasped. Izuku turned to look over to her from where he was offering some cookies to Sato and Koda. "Wait... There are two empty spots?"

"That would be our doing." Izuku turned to see Ojiro and Shoda from class 1-B joining the large group. "We decided to drop out."

"What?!?"

"Are you insane?!?!!"

"Why would you do that, man?!?!"

"I don't even remember anything that happened!" Ojiro defended himself. Izuku looked down at his phone, seeing he would be up against Shinso. "It doesn't sit right with me that I made it through by doing nothing."

"S-same here." Shoda added, seeming shy around the large group of new people. "I want to earn my place."

"That is very honourable of you both! I support your decision!" Iida yelled out, his hand moving in a robotic way. Turning his head to the side, Izuku noticed Ojiro approaching him.

"Midoriya, can I talk to y-"

"It's okay, Ojiro." Izuku interrupted, raising his hands. "I've seen him use his quirk, I think I know how it works."

"So you know not to answer him?" Izuku nodded and Ojiro let out a sigh of relief. "Good."

"Though, I don't think I'll win." Izuku stated. The entire group turned to him and a mad blush came to his face. "I-I just mean he seemed pretty serious about making it into the hero coarse. A-and I'm not really interested in winning that much..." Izuku scratched the back of his neck nervously as the group continued to stare at him.

"You don't plan on giving up, do you?" Bakugo asked seriously, sounding angry.

"Of course not!" Izuku answered, frowning at his friend. "It would be rude not to try. I'm just saying, he's got a lot more on the line. He probably has more motivation to beat me than I do him."

Everyone seemed happy with that answer as they returned to looking at the bracket and finishing their food. Shoda left to join his classmates on the other side of the caf. A few of Izuku's and Mei's classmates came by to wish them luck, including Takahashi and Abiko.

"Do you plan on participating in the afternoon activities, Deku?" Uraraka asked as she sat down between Mei and Izuku. He turned to her, smiling.

"I-I don't know. My match is the first and I'm kind of nervous..." Izuku looked down at the empty bento in front of him. "I think I'll probably just watch."

"I'm in the same boat now. They just announced Tokoyami and I will be the ones replacing Ojiro and Shoda." Uraraka said as she looked down at the table in front of them.

"Congrats! You'll do amazing!" A harsh blush came up on Uraraka's face.

"Oh! And you can have this one two!" Looking past Uraraka, Izuku saw Mei giving Iida a wide variety of her support gear.

Oh Iida, you poor thing.

"I greatly appreciate this, Hatsume-chan!" Iida said seriously.

Turning back to Uraraka, Izuku asked, "So who are you gonna be going up against?"

"Bakugo." It was merely a whisper and Izuku could hear the fear behind her voice. Izuku held in a sigh, thinking of a response.

"K-Katsuki Bakugo. Age 16." Izuku began, Uraraka looked over at him confused and so did Iida and Mei. "Quirk: Explosion, he can explode the sweat on his hands. Personality: Angry demeanor, hates losing and tends to challenge himself and others."