Chapter 37

Tsukauchi confirmed with the witness that it wasn't their own nightmare they saw and with Shoyo-kun's admittance it helped Izuku's theory. Shoyo's quirk forced other people to live through whatever events he was thinking about. Izuku supposed that Shoyo-kun was thinking about his own worst nightmare when his quirk activated, making the other man live through it himself with him. After that, Shoyo-kun couldn't stop thinking about bad things or nightmares themselves, which activated his quirk on more people which made them go through their own.

Tsukauchi agreed that Izuku's theory was highly possible and liked the idea of Izuku sitting in on the counselor's meeting. For the rest of the day, Izuku helped Tsuakauchi with paperwork. Whenever he thought of something regarding Shoyo-kun's quirk, he would write it down, before continuing whatever he was doing.

Izuku was finally sent home at 5 o'clock with an official understanding as to why all pro-heroes hate paperwork. Once he entered the apartment he smelt the amazing sent of his mothers cooking and walked over to the kitchen table, gracefully sliding into his seat and giving his mother a warm smile. Inko returned it as she set his plate in front of him and they dug in.

They talked about Izuku's day first, Izuku sharing what happened with his phone conversation and how he plans on helping the boy with his quirk. Once he was done he listened to his mother talk about a patient she had that reminded her of their neighbour. Once they were finished, Izuku went about his normal chores before going to his room. There was one thing he had to do before going to bed.

Ring Ring

"Young Midoriya! How can I help you?"

"Hello All Might, sorry if I'm interrupting something..."

"No worries, my boy! I was just watching some old american movie. What can I do for you?"

"Well, I was actually wondering if you could pop by the precinct tomorrow?"

"Oh?"

"Yeah, you see... I was helping Tsukauchi-san on a case. There's this little boy who's quirk came in. It's an emitter-type quirk and it forced him to live through his worst nightmare. It ended up activating on other people too and he saw their nightmares as well... It's safe to say the boy is terrified of his quirk."

"Oh my..."

"Anyway, I have a theory that there is more to his quirk, so I'm sitting in on his counselling session tomorrow, but that's not why I'm asking you to come. You see, his nightmare was actually about you."

"About me?!"

"Yes, you're his favourite hero and he saw on a talk show that there were rumours of you retiring. I know that those rumours are somewhat true, but I really want to cheer Shoyo-kun up a little. Give him something good to distract him a little, you know?"

"I would be happy to join you! When should I be there?"

"Well, I'll be at the precinct around 7:30-"

"Wonderful! I'll meet you there!"

When Izuku looked down at his phone he realized All Might had ended the call. A small smile came to Izuku's face as he returned to the living room to spend the rest of the evening with his Mom.

****

All Might, or Yagi, arrived at the precinct right on time to walk in with Izuku. The secretaries greeted them both as they made their way to Tsukauchi's office. Izuku hesitated at Asahi's door and told Yagi to go on without him. Knocking on the door three times, Izuku heard a small 'Come in' before he opened the door.