Chapter 6

When Izuku opened his eyes, All Might was having his hand back and forth in a rapid motion in front of him. Izuku shot up and stared at the hero as his mother rubbed his back worriedly. Izuku looked back and forth from his mother to his favourite hero before pointing to All Might.

"I-it's you!" Izuku exclaimed. All Might laughed at the comment and nodded.

"Yes, I am here! Though I am surprised that you are so shocked. I am the one who gave you your trophy you know!" All Might said helping Izuku stand.

"Yes, but back then I had time to calm myself before I approached you. And last time I knew that if I won, you would be the one giving out the trophy. And this time I was already in shock at sitting at the same table as David Shield. And th-" Izuku became a mumbling mess as he tried to reason his fainting.

"That's true, you did say you were close to having a heart attack when Senhor Shield sat down," Samuel added, interrupting Izuku's spiel. They all took their seats as food began to arrive at the table. Everyone was immersed in the food and barely made conversation. Only Inko and Shield were still conversing about the difficulty that came to raising a kid on your own.

Both Melissa and Izuku began to blush as their parents began to share embarrassing stories about them.

"Don't tell that story!" Melissa exclaimed as her father began to tell Inko about one extremely embarrassing one. "That's it!" she said as she turned to Izuku and Samuel. "My father may be smart when it comes to science, but he is extremely stupid when it comes to slang. He once used the word 'slay' as a way to define one of his new designs. He said 'my design is slay, isn't it Melissa?'"

Izuku and Samuel began to fight their laughter as her father gave her a shocked/hurt look. He gripped his chest to demonstrate the betrayal he felt, which only resulted in the rest of the table joining their laughter at the poor man.

Soon enough a man stood on the stage at the front of the room and announced it was time for the winner to be announced. The room turned to look at him as he announced that the winner was a girl from Denmark who had designed a costume for one of Denmark's popular pro heroes. The table clapped enthusiastically as the girl received her trophy and said her thanks to her family and friends who encouraged her to enter.

Izuku guessed that they had given her a heads up since she had a small speech prepared. He wasn't upset he had lost, he didn't expect to win. And he was still ecstatic to be sitting at the same table as All Might and David Shield.

The screen behind the stage lit up and showed the overall ranking. Izuku was shocked to see that he was in ninth place, making him in the top ten. Samuel shook Izuku's arm when he saw his friend had placed so high and Melissa looked at him in awe.

"Stop that Samuel, you made the top twenty you know!" Izuku said, trying to divert the attention off of him.

"Yeah, but you still made the top ten, Izuku!" his friend responded, unwilling to calm down.

"Excellent job, Young Midoriya," All Might exclaimed. "I hope you follow this talent in the future, I am excited to see what you become in the coming years." Izuku looked at his hero in awe and thanked him a million times for his words.

"Do you plan on pursuing the support field?" Shield asked.

"W-well yeah, though all I'm good at so far is ideas. I don't know much about actually putting it into practice." Izuku said, slightly embarrassed at all the attention he was receiving.

"I recommend doing some extra studying in the field of physics and chemistry while in middle school. It will help you put your ideas into play when you get into a support course in high school." Shield said as a way to encourage the boy. Izuku took his advice to heart and immediately began planning in his head how he was going to do so.