Chapter 12

Izuku and Mei spent the next hour before class talking about their current prototypes. By the time other students filled the room, the two had already become fast friends. Power Loader seemed to watch them with interest, especially when they were talking about one of their prototypes.

"Okay, it is time for class to begin," Power Loader boomed over the loud classroom. "I am Power Loader, but you may call me Mr. Higari and I will be your homeroom teacher as well as your engineering teacher. This classroom is where you will spend your time learning the common subjects of high school. However, there is a lab down the hall where you will get to put your ideas to the test and build some prototypes."

Izuku listened excitedly as Mr. Higari continued. He explained that he would only be with them during homeroom and engineering. Midnight would be their modern hero art history teacher, Present Mic for English, Cementoss for modern literature and Ectoplasm for math. Izuku grew more and more excited at the chance to learn from so many pro heroes.

The morning went by rather fast. They mostly got the chance to get to know their teachers and fellow students, but everyone else in the class seemed... Hesitant when it came to Izuku and Mei. Though he tried to talk to some of them, they didn't seem to want to talk to him.

Izuku ignored it though, since he was used to that behaviour towards him. His best guess was that it had to do with him and Mei being the only ones with more than one prototype built. They were probably thinking they had somehow cheated the system. Talking to Mei, Izuku found out that her uncle was a support engineer and she had an internship with him. Some of the other students glared at them when they spoke about their internship experiences in between classes.

When lunch came, Izuku quickly made his way to the cafeteria. He was excited to see Lunch Rush preparing food in front of a group of students. He got into line and waited patiently behind a tall boy with dark blue hair and a girl slightly shorter than him with shoulder length brown hair. Izuku tried to guess what program they were in.

"I think Mr. Aizawa is a bit odd... but he's got to be good if he teaches at U.A., right?" the girl said.

Mr. Aizawa... That's Eraserhead! Bakugo is in that class too! They're in the hero course!

Izuku tried his best to keep his cool. He was in a school taught by heroes, he shouldn't gush over students his age just because they want to be heroes in the future. He followed down the line and picked up a tray of food, paying for it at the end.

Turning to look around the cafeteria he saw plenty of students from his class sitting at one table. As he made his way to sit with them the seat was blocked by one of their bags.

"S-sorry Midoriya, but this seat is being saved," his classmate said hesitantly.

"I-it's okay!" Izuku responded, sending him a small smile.

Nothing new here...

Izuku considered going back to the classroom where Mei would be, polishing her 'babies'. At least then he could have company? As Izuku made his way to leave he saw Bakugo at a large table surrounded by who he assumed were his classmates. One red head was rather brave and put his arm around Bakugo which caused an uproar from him. Izuku laughed quietly and left the cafeteria.

At least Kacchan has plenty of people around him.

Making his way into the classroom, Izuku saw Mei in the back polishing a pair of goggles. He walked up to her and sat down on the floor. He began to eat while he watched Mei carefully polish the lenses.

"I thought you were going to eat in the caf with the rest of the class," Mei commented, looking up from her work.

"I was... but they didn't seem to like the idea," Izuku replied. Mei made a 'hmph' noise before continuing her work.