Wen Chao's eyes roamed over the human's face that had clear traces of exhaustion but that didn't effect his charm in the least. His clenched but trembling fists showed determination to not waver even in that situation and the way he chewed on the inside of his lips to stop them from wobbling felt so mesmerising for some reason. His eyes were covered with a shinning layer of fresh tears but a barricade of emotions stopped them from flowing out. The sweet and intoxicating scent of his blood made it all even more alluring.

'Snap out of it Wen Chao!'

He stared at the cuts and bruises around Xiao Zhan's ankle and groaned in annoyance.

"Will you be ok without treating these wounds?" He asked the human who glared at him.

"It's none of your business!"

Wen Chao rolled his eyes before turning to the woman who stared at her son in worry.

"Are you gonna stay for breakfast?"

"I'll go get something for Zhan to eat. Stay with him and don't mess with him"

"Yeah... Yeah... Whatever"

Xiao Zhan slowly sat down as the woman left. He closed his eyes to keep his emotions from drowning him. He heard Wen Chao walking away from him and opened his eyes to confirm it. Indeed there was no one around so he slowly stood up and limped over to the entrance of the cave. Xiao Zhan carefully looked around to make sure no one is around.

"Ok Xiao Zhan, this is your chance. On the count of three...run"

He let out a shaky breath before preparing himself to sprint. He glanced at his bleeding ankle and grimaced because of the swelling.

"One... Two... Three"

He rushed out and started running. At first aimlessly but when he stopped he tries navigating his location. He could feel that he was near the foot of the mountain since the water was accumulated at many places making small puddles. Since the mountain was a very steep one the water was always rushing down but now it stopped hinting that he was near the foot of the mountain. That means he can find his way back. He started walking slowly as the pain in his ankle turned unbearable. He stopped near a tree to catch his breath but his eyes widened as he heard a loud and clear growl. He slowly turned around and cursed under his breath seeing a black beast looking at him. He couldn't differentiate if it was a big dog or wolf and that didn't even matter right now.

'Run Xiao Zhan run!!'

He turned around and dashed in the opposite direction to get away from the animal. He turned around to check if it was still following him and tripped over a rock falling to the ground.

"Aaa shit!!" He held his ankle as his features twisted into a painful expression.

"Fuck" He slowly pulled himself up to stand up but his ankle finally gave up on him. He staggered and was about to fall when someone held him by his arm preventing his fall. He turned around in horror expecting Wen Chao but his body relaxed once he recognised who it was.

"Lucifer Ha it's you"

"Are you ok?"

"Do I look ok?"

He said gesturing to his state.

"Your ankle!"

"Yeah that bastard Wen Chao.. It hurts so bad, I can't even stand up"

"Let's get you back first"

"Em"

He said putting his arm around Lucifer's neck to have some support.