_ 46 _

'Are we tied to each other by fate or by a curse?'

"They betrayed each other"

Zhan looked at his uncle and then at Lucifer. His eyes moved all over the room to make sense of the situation. He's been at a desperate end to know what his parents did ever since he could make sense of what people said about him or his parents. But now that he sat in front of his uncle who was slowly peeling off the layers of his parents doings, he couldn't stand hearing it. Only a sentence and he's already at the verge of breaking down.

"Wh- what are you saying? B-betrayed... Each Other? B-but you've always told me how much they loved and cared about each other! How can you just-"

The younger went silent seeing the look his uncle gave him. There was sympathy in his eyes.

"Zhan, my child, you've suffered enough because of how people called your parents traitors, I didn't want to add to the wounds by telling you that the only comforting truth you had was nothing but a lie"

"What did they do?"

"They got married because of the situation of the families not because they loved each other. According to both the families, they were the perfect match and their offsprings could be a new hope for both the humans and the vampires. You already know they worked for the agency... Other than that they were very well acquainted with the vampires because of their special bloodline. The things weren't always like this. Vampires and humans did work together and the special bloodline worked as a link between them. Your father...um he loved someone else.. "

Zhan's eyes widened seeing all the lies shattering down. Oh how the walls have crumbled down on him.

"There was another girl in our team, Eleanor. Your mother had a crush on your father since they were childhood sweethearts but Xiao Yang never saw her as a potential partner and then she came into the picture. But as abruptly she'd arrived she left silently. Xiao Yang was desperate to fill her position and the family pressure drove him over the edge and he ended up marrying Lily. He hadn't moved on so their relationship was very unstable but to some outsider it was an ideal relationship."

Zhan clenched the bedsheets not knowing what to do with all the emotions thundering inside him. He felt like he was going to explode from all the information poured into him without any warning.

"There was some kind fude going on between the vampires and humans so, as to dissolve it the agency arranged an expedition of a number of people. They had no idea as to who would participate from the Royal Family... The expedition team consisted of me, your aunt, your father, your mother and a few more people... When we crossed over, we were greeted rather ambiguously... There was a hoard of Palace guards and a young man was leading them. He claimed to be sent as the representative of the Palace... We were weirded out since he was all by himself and soon he sent the guards back too. We spend around a month near the mountains exploring with the man. It went pretty smoothly and your father and mother grew closer to that man... Especially your mother.. They seemed to get along really well... When asked he said she gives off a feeling of family.... At the point we were very well aware of what kind of effect special bloods have on vampires. They are a source of comfort for them. Their scent is like a calming charm for the vampires and yet it can instigate severe emotional distortion for them."

Zhan had calmed down a little from all the emotional havoc going on inside him as he listened to the story attentively. His eyes would travel to Luicfer who stood in the doorway as determined as ever with hint of remorse towards his Uncle. His gaze would linger at the vampire before shifting back to his uncle.

"Lilly was the closest to a pure blood in the bloodlines at that time so they were very well aware of her influence. Xiao Yang didn't mind knowing very well they were more or less like siblings because of the way the man treated her and him as well. They could be considered really close friends at this point. The expedition ended on a friendly note and all of us returned."