_ 38 _

'Hatred is just a feeling... But A stronger one... Might be stronger than love, who knows...'

"What are you doing here?"

Zhan could recognise this person anywhere. That pale skin that somehow shines in the dark too; those structured fingers that tapped on the table ever so lightly in a rhythm; the oh so defined back that seemed to be carrying a lot of burden and those slightly emerald green shaded eyes.

Yibo looked up at him with an unfazed expression. His face turning a bit sour as he saw the bruise forming on the human's delicate features.

"What happened to your face?" He whispered as if talking to himself.

Xiao Zhan unconsciously touched the wound and opened his mouth in kind of a realisation but closed it again. He seemed to be a bit hesitant.

"Forget it. It's nothing... Let's focus on the task at hands for now"

The vampire looked clearly annoyed yet he swallowed it and decided to ignore it. His tapping ceased completely as he gave all his attention to the human. His eyes followed the human as he walked past him to the other side of the table.

"They think I killed that man"

Zhan took the seat in front of the vampire and interlocked his fingers putting both his hands under his chin and elbows on the table.

"So why do they think that you killed that man?"

"Because I was present at the crime scene" His voice so nonchalant as if he was telling a tale to a five year old.

"But they said the daughter saw him after a while... How come?"

"They are lying" He said as he started tapping on the table with a visible _I'm not enjoying this conversation_ kind of face.

"What?"

"Yeah, the daughter thing is right. She did see him but not after a while.... She was there when he was killed"

"So you are telling me that the police is lying and you, a suspect, is telling the truth" Zhan said giving him a sceptical look as the tapping stopped once again. Yibo looked up with a somewhat cold look....a slightly upset and accusing look.

"You can call your chief to confirm. Why do you think this case is handed over to you"

"Because It involves vamp-" The officer stopped midway as he looked up in realisation only to find a smug look on the vampire's face. It was almost non-existent but it was there.

"Exactly... Why do you think the police was involved if this is a vampire based case."

"I did find it kind of weird" The human uttered quietly.

"Because they want to cover up since it's a high profile case. If it is to get out in public that such an influencial personality was killed by the vampires...."

Yibo stopped midway as his words lingered in the air with a slight anticipation.

"The state will go in a state of frenzy and the people who believe that vampires aren't real...will go berserk"

Zhan looked up with a shocked face as he finished the vampire's unfinished words.

"A war will break out between vampires and humans"
The overly pale one said with a suppressed laugh towards the end.

"Wait a minute! This is a set up. They want to throw you under the bus to instigate a war between vampires and humans"

Zhan said clenching his fists as he looked at Yibo with a somewhat anxious expression.