_ 50 _

'I regret giving you that choice'

"Zhan, my dear son... Ma missed you so much"

That woman whispered in a broken voice. And slowly raised her hand to touch his face. Zhan glanced at the approaching hand and slapped it away in reflex and instinct. He immediately stood up and moved away from the woman forgetting the restraining chains around his ankle causing him to fall back and hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Aaa"

"Zhan! Are you ok?"

There was genuine concern in her voice and her worried face was pain striken but the human simply stared at her in pure horror. She was about to advance towards him once again but stopped as he moved back and raised his arms to block her view.

"Stay away from me!!"

"Zhan"

"Get away! Don't come any closer!! I said g-get away!!!" He screamed causing for his voice to break a little.

"Zh-Zhan...my dear so-" She whispered clearly confused and worried but was cut off by the yelling of the younger.

"Don't call my name!!! Stop saying my name!! Stop calling me your son!! I'm not your son. I don't know you woman!!"

"..."

"So what if you have that face! So what!! You are not my mother!"

"Xiao Zhan don't say that. I've been through a lot to finally see you. I've done so much to finally meet you. Please don't say that" She pleaded as tears glistened in her eyes.

Zhan gulped and pulled away shaking his head in denial.

"N-no.. Th-this can't be... What- Wha- what kind of sick joke is this? Wen Chao!! Wen Chao!!! You bastard come here!! What are you trying to do!! Take this woman away from me.. Please... Please" He screamed and covered his face with his arms not wanting to cry.

"I don't want this... N-no.. P-please"

The said vampire slowly walked in and his eyes slightly widened seeing the human having a breakdown.

"Um... Madam Xiao I think you should leave him alone for now."

"He's my son!! Who are you to tell me to leave him alone"

"For the last time I am not your fucking son!! Stay away from me" Zhan said with a threatening tone as if warning the lady who was taken aback by the firmness in his voice. She turned around to look at him for the last time and flinched seeing specs of hatred in his eyes as he glared at her.

"Wen Chao"

"What?"

"Remove the chains around his ankle"

Wen Chao looked down and made a face seeing the now bleeding ankle of the stubborn human who refused to sit down even now.

"You sure you want me around him when he's bleeding. I'm not very good with self control"

The woman turned to Wen Chao and stared at him for a bit before speaking.

"I dare you to say that again about my s-....Xiao Zhan"

"Fine fine. I won't do anything...for now"

He said shrugging his shoulders and walking towards Xiao Zhan. He knelt down and started to unlock the chains. He frowned feeling the tremble in Xiao Zhan's body, as soon as he looked up to check on the human he flinched. A water droplet fell on his cheek. He looked up and tensed up seeing the tears accumulated in Xiao Zhan's eyes who refused to let them flow so they were falling down like rain drops. It was a sight to be hold.