_ 42 _

'Cornered'

Yibo couldn't keep up with everything that was going down around him. He simply couldn't. He was never interested in the politics of the Palace and never showed any kind of interest towards the ownership of the crown. He always believed that the crown was rightfully his older brother's, he didn't have the right to order these people around because he didn't want to. He'd never been interested in power and authority.

Yibo groaned in annoyance as one of the ministers kept going on about how they should prepare to attack the humans.

"They are killing our people! We have to do something!"

"Minister Jung is right, we have to do something"

Yibo could feel the pressure as all the ministers were siding with Jung Wu Lian.

"We must attack before they do!!"

Yibo pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"Yes, yes we must!!"

"Second Prince we have to-"

"Enough!" He blared not having any of the bullshit.

"Be seated and stay silent unless you are allowed to speak" He said sternly making the older man sit down but his face was turning red because of the rage and embarrassment.

"Pri-"

Yibo glared at the man who was about to speak up. Silence fell over the court room once again. He stood up and pushed the chair behind creating a loud creak.

"Issue the order of curfew as per the order of The Elder Prince and alert the people and small villages around the boundaries of realms. Don't do anything on your own and that's an order."

He said stamping a paper with one of the Royal Seals with the emblem of 'Er Wang'. The decree was handed to one of the Royal guards who immediately left after bowing. Yibo turned back to the boiling ministers.

"As the current head of the Palace I forbid anyone to spread absurd rumours about anything related to this situation. None of you are allowed to speak a word of what happened in the regiment camp." He stared at each one of them. He was indeed an intimidating person. Even though his position as the Prince wasn't as strong as it should've been but all the people feared him a lot if not respected.

"And...."

He continued dropping his gaze at the next paper of decree.

"......if I heard that any of the humans who are residing in our state were harmed... You all will be charged with felony and I will personally execute each one of you"

He said each word as clear as the sky. He knew they weren't listening to him out of their free will but because they were obliged to. Now that both the Emperor and the Elder Prince were not present, it was natural for him to take control of the Palace. That was in a way something he didn't like. Soon there will ba all kind of rumours that he tried to kill his own father and brother to snatch the thrown. People love these kind of stories and he knew it better than anyone else.

He started walking back to his room but hesitated a little before entering. For a fact he knew Xiao Zhan would never betray him but at that particular moment he couldn't control the rising anger in him. He frowned seeing Xiao Zhan sleeping on the floor with his back against the bed.

He crouched near him and stared...stared and stared for God knows how long. He felt a weirdly calm as he kept looking at the face. He could feel the rush of blood in his body and even the dryness of his throat. He slowly raised his hand and there was this excitement bubbling inside him. It wasn't the first time he was going to touch the human but he felt a surge of excitement and enticement. He was so close to touching him when he opened his eyes. The room was silent but now it felt like a graveyard. They felt trapped in the eye contact. Xiao Zhan was the one to blink and look away.