_ 16 _

'Humans overestimate themselves'

Zhan glared holes in the back of the vampire's head as he kept getting dragged out of the bar.

His eyes widened seeing a smiling Lucifer standing outside the bar leaning against a black car.

'These two-'

Lucifer gestured someone and a man stepped forward to open the door of the car. It was none other than Zeal.

Yibo was about to drag him towards the car but Zhan snatched his hand away and walked past the vampire.

"For the nth time I can fucking walk on my own"

Yibo just clicked his tongue in annoyance and followed behind, sitting in the back with the sulking human.

Lucifer sat beside Zeal in the front and they drove off.

Yibo glanced at Zhan who was looking out the window with a frown resting on his face.

The car came to a rest infront of the agency. Zhan got out of the car and went straight in without saying anything.

The receptionist greeted Zhan but he wasn't paying attention. He walked straight to the elevator and stood infront of it waiting for it to arrive.

"Jie what happened?"

The receptionist glanced at FanXing who was holding a pile of files in his hands.

"Oh nothin-"

FanXing turned around seeing the receptionist'expression and he dropped all the files seeing the two men entering.

Lucifer gave him a smile and walked past them following behind Yibo, who didn't even acknowledged anyone.

FanXing turned around with a horrified face.

"Isn't he Lucifer?"

The receptionist nodded before she started helping FanXing in collecting the files.

FanXing rushed towards the elevator but seeing the people in the elevator he was having some second thoughts.

'I don't wanna go inside'

"A'Xing aren't you going to come?"

He nodded and entered the elevator standing beside Xiao Zhan.

'Is it just me or the air between these two is thicker than my social anxiety'

He glanced at Yibo and than at Zhan and mentally sighed.

'Why did I had to get stuck here with them'

He turned to look at the noble vampire who stood beside Yibo and got goosebumps seeing him smile.

'He's almost smiling all the time yet he's so scary. I would've surely passed out if I were to be left alone with him'

Lucifer smirked seeing the tension between the human and the vampire.

'This is so amusing. Yibo is pissed. Something you don't see everyday'

The doors of the elevator opened with a ding. And Zhan walked out straight to his room.

He opened the door and almost jumped back when Hao Xuan jumped at him and held him by his shoulders.

"You little shit! Where were you? You disappeared without telling me anything! I was worried sick"

"Xuan-ah let go, I just-"

"Went to the bar in the forbidden District to get killed"