_ 17 _

'I just want to survive rather than being able to live'

FanXing stood behind Hao Xuan. He tilted his head to take a sneak peek at the vampire who was standing infront of them.

'He came here even before us'

"FanXing go sit in the office and call Xiao Zhan. He was still sleeping when I left"

"Huh? Oh OK"

FanXing sprinted from there. Hao Xuan looked at the vampire.

"Why are you getting involved?"

"Oh me? I am just worried about that small little human"

Hao Xuan rolled his eyes.

"What? Are you perhaps jealous Mr. Boyfriend"

"We both know that was a lie, I just didn't wanted a bloodsucker around my baby"

"Are you sure it was a lie and not a hidden desire"

Lucifer said smirking. Hao Xuan stood there unfazed.

"We've been living together for ages. If I really had my eyes for him, he would have a different surname by now"

"Oof that was smooth but who knows, maybe you are scared of losing him"

"Are we here for a case or my love life?"

"He's here"

"Who? Zhan?"

Lucifer shook his head.

"That arrogant little Prince"

"Come to think of it, why do you call him Prince?"

"It's a secret but I can tell you that he's a fallen angel or maybe devil. Who knows?"

Yibo entered the premises of the building in full black attire as usual with his hands stuffed in his pocket.

"Where is Xiao Zhan?"

"He's on his way here, come let's go inside I'll explain the plan"

Yibo nodded and all of them went to sit in the office.

.

.

.

Zhan was trying to put on his shoes in a rush as he held the card  key of the apartment between his teeth.

He closed the door and shoved the card in his pocket.

"F*uck I'm going to be late again"

He sprinted down the stairs not wanting to wait for the elevator.

He gave a small nod to the security gaurd in return of the morning greatings and ran towards the bus stop.

"At times like these I wish, either I get along with cars or wake up early to go with Xuan."

He cursed at himself as his eyes widened seeing someone running straight into him. It was too late to dodge.

'Fuck'

The next thing he was on the ground with a young girl on top of him. He was about to ask her to move but he stopped as he saw the bruises on her face and arms.