Chapter 13: Training School

"Let us now see the list of the Running Man Survival Players who have survived the first game!" Announced the loud, clergy, Pululu with a voice of a thousand microphones.

A large, holographic, screen appeared in front of the viewers and a list of over 500 Running Man Survival Players were shown. Until the numbers reduced when a red "X" marked the eliminated players one by one, leaving them only in the estimated number of 100.

"Despite the Gatekeeper's unrivalled speed and power, the Running Man Survival Players still managed to have defeated him and won victoriously! All because of the Mysterious, Iron Beast!"

The crowd of ecstatic Pululus cheered together as they re-watched a replay of The Iron Beast stealing Vivace's emblem.

"Unfortunately, the game for today has come to an end. The Next game will continue tomorrow as we believe that everyone, even these criminals, deserves some time to rest. But resting is not the only thing they would do to waste their day. They are still criminals and they shall deserve what is coming to them, so that is why... We will send the newcomers to the place where they will be rehabilitated to reduce their sins and criminal behaviours... Training School!"

"Training School?" Miyo repeated before hearing Lonky's wail of horror.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Screamed the Giraffe, grabbing everyone around him's attention.
"Why did it have to be... SCHOOL?!!!!"
Lonky fell on both knees and hammered his two fists on the ground in defeat.

Popo, feeling the anguish as he, knelt on the ground and hammered his fists on it as well.

"NOOOOO!!!!! NOT SCHOOL!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!"

Popo screamed even louder while Liu and the rest watched in uncomfortable silence. Looking as if all of them were disappointed to have friends like them.

To make things worse, Salena joined in. Hopping and landed on both knees and lowered her entire front body on the ground.

"NOOOOO!!!! I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!!!"
She yelled in a muffled voice.

"Really?" Liu asked, sounding surprised until Salena popped her head up to him with a smile.

"Nope! I just wanted to join in on the fun!" She replied, standing up as she did, still having that forever smile while Popo and Lonky wailed together in the background with the Pululus watching.
"I actually had a fun time at school in my tribe! Arts and craft, music and instruments, Maths, English Literature. All of those fun things!"

Then, Miyo, Liu, Kuga, Pala, and Salena all turned over to look at Yuu with faces that showed their curiosity about his past. Just by the first glance, Yuu could already tell that they want to know whether he thought school was terrible considering his past but he already thought ahead of a reply.
Calmly slanting his posture, Yuu made his reply.

"Actually... I never had trouble in school. I passed all basic subjects... Acrobatics, Stealth, Combat, Hide Seek, Evasion, Archery, Weapon Making, Strategic Improv, and Malee Training. All of those basic and normal subjects... No big deal"

"... Those aren't basic subjects..." Miyo made the first comment, having the same surprised looks like the rest.

"One of those isn't even a subject... Hide and Seek is a game..." Said Liu.

"Not when your in a tribe that can turn themselves invisible..." Yuu commented on Liu's words before their ears moved on to the announcer.

"Inside the Training School is where the Players can sleep, eat, and rest after a long game but they will also be trained under strict guidelines as part of their rehabilitation process by our Disciplinary Officer. In addition, players can buy powerful items with the points they have earned in stealing from their opponents. Players are also able to buy their freedom so that they can leave Game and be free!"