Chapter 11: The Bunny Meets the Running Man

The Running Men stared at the large gate at the end of the path. A blue light was then formed on the inside of the gate and acted as a portal. With one leap, all of the participants jumped into the portal and arrived at the next game stage.

Liu and Pala were the first to arrive among their other friends and they were surprised to witness over a hundred Pululus conversing with each other and waiting for the start of the match.

"Wow... so many Pululus,'" Said the amazed impala before Miyo and Kuga lept out of the portal together and arrived next to them.

"Miyo! Kuga!" Shouted the thrilled bug as they all smiled at each other upon meeting up.

"Hey, Liu!" Miyo called out to them as she waved her hand.
"We're the two of you up against each other as well?" She asked.

"Oh, hehe yeah. Pala was pretty hard to beat with his new and improved Materio Vithicus" Said the humble bug as Pala nervously laughed and blushed from the compliment.

"Well... I guess I was pretty impressive" Mumbled the Impala.

"I'm guessing that both of you battled each other as well? Who won?" Asked the curious bug as Kuga tensed up for a second. Shifting his eyes left and right before opening his mouth for a stuttering reply.

"I... I-t... It was Mi-"

"Kuga. Kuga won, of course," Miyo interrupted the tiger as she gazed at him with a secret smirk that only both of them knew. Kuga formed a small smile and nodded before hearing Liu's remark.

"Oh. Hmm... I could have sworn that Kuga would lose seeing Miyo is faster"

"Nope. Kuga won. I didn't stand a chance" Miyo said as she crossed her arms. Still smiling at them before another group arrived through the portal.

It was Yuu. All of them turned to gaze at him with a smile while Yuu looks at them as if he was tired of his life.

His expression confused them all for a moment until another head popped out of the portal and moved next to his. It was Salena. Still clinging on his back with a broad smile before noticing them.

"... Hey guys..." Said the exhausted Yuu while the others awkwardly waves their hands and said; "Hey..."

"Are these the friends that you mentioned?" Salena asked as she turned to look at Yuu, waiting for his response but he only nodded and made the bunny shout in delight and excitement.
"Maeu gippeun! (Delightful!) Annyeonghaseyo!!!" She cheerfully waved both hands as if she was doing the Jazz Hands.

"... Annyo... What?" Pala, Kuga, and Liu mumbled at the same time.

"It means hello in her tribe..." Yuu replied for them as Salena still put out a "w" shaped smile.

"Hello..." All of them waved at her at the same time after saying that.

"Yuu... Who is this person?" Miyo asked him, having the same confused and curious look as the Rest.

"She's Salena, my earlier opponent. She's one of the other Level 5 prisoners in this maze... I think she can help u-" Then, before he could finish, Salena leaned to the side of his face and spoke with an aggressive tone but smiled sweetly towards his friends nonetheless.

"I'm his best friend!" She boldly said out loud. Wrapping her arms around his neck for support.

"No. I'm not..." He quickly denied it.  But Salena ignored him.

"We're practically BFFs!"

"No. We're not..."

"Best friends forever! I'm secretly his most favourite friend amongst all of you...!" She whispered.