Chapter 10: A New Friend? Or a Rival?

"You're scarf stinks!" The bunny complained. Squinting her eyes shut with a sour look while being carried on Yuu's back..
"When was the last time you washed this thing?! It's putrid! Yeoggyeoun! (Gross)"

"Shut up!" Shouted the annoyed human with a grumpy look.
"This isn't a luxury ride to stop complaining!"

The bunny rested her furry chin on top of his head and showed a drowsy, frowning expression, as though she wanted to complain more but couldn't. She pushed her chin downwards gently. Making him lower his head slightly.
"Hajiman... (but) it really stinks...."

"Then just hold your breath!"

"Why do you even wear a Scarf anyways? It's summer. Aren't you feeling hot?"

"Says the fur-covered girl wearing a winter coat in broad daylight..."

"Hey! For your information, I look attractive with these clothes. Hm~" Salena smiled proudly at her words.

"... Sure... A cloak, scarf, and bandages is nothing compared to what you're wearing during a summer heat..." Yui says sarcastically.

"Why do you even wear bandages? Do you have lots of wounds from your battles? Or do you have skin problems? Oh! Do you have one of those skin problems that burns immediately and hurts a lot when exposed to sunlight? Do you? Do you?" The bunny repeatedly asked questions before he mildly shouted. Sounding even more annoyed.

"That's none of your business...!"

Salena pouted from his remark. Her cheeks puffed as if she was storing nuts for winter.

She immediately pulled down the hood covering Yuu's head and moved closer to him.
Then, with her large flat teeth, she bit the top of Yuu's head with a glare. Growling loudly as she bit harder.

"OW!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!" Yuu shouted, feeling the sharp pain on his head but still continued to walk and carry her through the Path while occasionally wobbling and missing his steps.

But soon her nose twitched two times and her glaring eyes widened along with her rising ears. She manages to catch a nice and wonderful scent. It was Yuu's hair. With that, she removed her teeth from his head and buried her face on his hair and taking a long sniff and letting out a loud, powerful breath.

"Haaahhhhhh~~~~" Salena exhaled with a pleasant smile.

"What are you doing now?! Stop! That feels weird!" The human complained this time.

Salena arched her head back to take a quick breath. Her eyes sparkled in awe before showing a wide smile and leaning close to the side of his head.

"Your hair... It smells so good!!!"

"...What's wrong with you...?"

"What's your secret?! What kind of shampoo do you use?! Is it Conditioner? Or coconut milk? Tell me! Tell me!" The Bunny became restless. Moving her body up and down in excitement as the Human felt like he wanted to jump on a train and leave the area for good.
"TELL ME!!!"

"I DON'T KNOW! SO JUST SHUT UP FOR ONE HECK OF A MINUTE!!!" Yuu shouted and made her pause. She then realized from his angry tone that her actions tested his limits.

Hearing his words out loud brought silence upon them for a short while, until Salena spoke again.

"...Joesonghabnida... It means; I'm sorry..." She mumbled with her head lowered. Staring at his hair while Yuu remained silent and kept his eyes straight on the path.
"It's just that... I've been on my own ever since I left my tribe... The other girls I come across are often nice but they don't last around me that long... Some awkwardly laugh in the middle of our conversation and will just leave... Some will make excuses and never show their faces at me again... Others just avoid me while the rest want to fight me... And most of the guys I meet just want... Me... As in... You know...? They find me... Really attractive to the point their actions are making me uncomfortable"