Chapter 2: Old City

Hello readers! As a reminder; This is a sequel to my previous Running Man fanfiction story. If any of you are not familiar with Yuu (The Human) or the upcoming new characters, then I suggest you read Running Man: Blood and Bandages. It will explain everything. Alright then, enjoy reading!

.....

"... Where am I?" Asked the bug, feeling lightheaded before realizing that darkness shrouded his view. There was nothing he could see apart from endless darkness which made the bug nervous. "Guys?! Where are you?!"

He screamed in anxiousness. Only hearing his voice bouncing right back towards him in a form of an echo.
Soon a faint light started to appear in front of him. The faint light grew brighter and brighter until he started hearing hundreds of voices screaming for joy in unison. As though the voices were cheering for something or someone.

It was then, Liu realized that he was wearing a form of the helmet around his head which prevented him from seeing his surroundings. The moment that helmet disintegrated itself, he could see all of his friends standing in front of him. All clueless as to how they arrived here or what happened to them.

"Where are we?" Lonky asked as his legs shivered out of fear and intimidation.

"I got a bad feeling about this guys...!" Said the nervous penguin before all of them stood close to each other and prepared for what's to come.

Soon the crowd of Pululu surrounding them from above silenced when the loud, echoing sound of the gong was heard. The Running Man all gazed up to where to gong was heard and there they saw 4 small Pululus cloaked with red robes. Similar to a scholar or a disciple of a priest. The four red-cloaked Pululu quickly stood aside as another Pululu stepped out of the shadow.

However, unlike the rest, this particular Pululu wears a white crown that covered his forehead, a red gem at the center of the crown, and is sitting on a round, hovering chair.

With a simple gesture of his hand, one of the Red-cloaked Pululu stood in front of the crowd and cleared her throat before announcing.

"Let the trial of judgment commence! First on our Justice Enforcers; The Mighty Sentinels, Castillet!" The Speaker announced and the crowd roared with their cheers when 5 Pululus, circled the area above them, blew the large horn, and summoned 8 more Pululus that came falling down from the sky.

Landing with grace, style, and intimidation as half of their body was cast with iron. Looking like sentient machines that showed emotions.

"What's with that bulky Pululus?! There as large as Kuga!" Lonky exclaimed out loud as he hid behind the tiger.

"They look like... Combat robots..." Liu audibly mumbled so that they could hear him.

"Or cyborgs..." Yuu muttered.

Suddenly, the ground they were standing on started to move. The sudden movement caused them to lose their balance and sway as the platform lowered deeper underground. Exposing a diamond-shaped arena from the crowd's view before coming to a stop a few feet above the lower grounds.

"And now... Let the games begin!" The speaker announced once more before the rest of the Red-cloaked Pululu spoke simultaneously.

"Let-"

"The-"

"Games-"

"Begin!" The four Red-cloaked Pululu said the final word in unison as another echoing sound of a gong was heard, alerting the Castillet and standing up straight to show their combat stance.