T W E L V E

*Continuum of chapter eleven*

King and Casandra sat patiently in his office waiting for Jayda to get there. After about fifteen minutes of waiting, Jayda entered into King's office. She greeted her best friend and embraced her.

"I don't plan on standing up the whole time I'm here." Jayda said realizing the second chair was missing.

"Come sit here." King patted his lap.

Casandra's eyes widen in shock but she sat back and decided to mind her business. Jayda looked over at Casandra but Casandra turned her head to look elsewhere.

"King I'm not here to play with you."

"Who says that I'm playing Jayda? Come here." King used a finger gesture signaling for Jayda to come over to him.

Casandra pushed her best friend slightly and looked off as if she was continuing to mind her business. Jayda looked back at her before she made her way over to King. King pulled her down onto his lap, his arms wrapped around her immediately. Jayda leaned back relaxing in King's arms.

"This is cute." Casandra smiled, she quickly snapped a picture of the two.

"You are something else." Jayda spoke to her best friend, "why am I here Kingston?"

"You made calling me by my full name a habit. You need to break that habit."

"Already made it a habit. So what?"

"Don't play with me right now."

Their conversation was interrupted with Ace walking into the office. He greeted his best man and Jayda and pulled Casandra into a tight embrace planting a kiss on her forehead. Jayda smiled at the sight, seeing her best friend happy was all she wanted.

"Y'all go good together." Jayda complimented.

"I told her that."

"We go good together too." King spoke to Jayda.

Jayda leaned over to whisper in King's ear, "stop playing with me then."

"Alright let's get to the point." Ace spoke, "all this flirting and shit. Jayda we called you here because there's some shit we need to talk about."

"Pertaining to this situation, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay.." Jayda trailed off, "what happened?"

"I was looking into the situation myself. A lot of mix up shit was being told so I decided to look into it. I got ahold of some files that told me everything. I forwarded them over to King so he could know as well."

King opened the files Ace sent him so that Jayda was able to read through them herself. Jayda's face scrunched in confusion as she read it thoroughly.

"It's confusing but it proves that you're innocent, Jayda." Ace continued to explain, "Tremaine lied. He was helping Tray out with whatever his vicious plan was."

"Why the fuck am I involved then? I've been telling King's dumb ass for the longest that I had no clue who Tray was."

"Watch your fucking mouth."