E I G H T

[Chapter strictly on King & Jayda]

It's been two days since the incident that went down with King and Jayda. King was still holding a lot of animosity towards Jayda, he couldn't see himself trusting her until he knew for a fact that those weren't her in Tray's messages.

But the next day Jayda found herself in King's presence trying to prove her innocence once again. The only thing that took over her mind these past two days was this situation. She couldn't just take being accused of something so sneaky, she was genuine. Doing something so backstabbing just wasn't like her, she needed King to see that.

King eyed the woman. Jayda was clearly hardheaded. He didn't want her around until he could trust her and here she was again, in his establishment. He would soon learn that Jayda was different, everything about her was different than he was used to.

"Jayda I told you that I didn't want you around until I can trust you." King spoke up, his eyes remained set on Jayda. Jayda's eyes locked with his, she wasn't intimidated whatsoever.

"I know.. King you know why I'm here."

"I don't, so tell me."

"Listen, I'm sorry for hitting on you a few days ago. It was wrong of me, I should never put my hands on you especially if I don't want you putting your hands on me. But at that moment I wasn't thinking, you're accusing me of going behind your back. Meanwhile I'm just as confused as you, I don't know why my number is in Tray's phone."

"And I don't know anything about him attempting to steal a file from you." Jayda kept a solid posture. She sat up straight with her legs crossed at her ankles. Her hands rested on her lap. She gave King direct eye contact.

King had never met someone that was able to give him direct eye contact for so long or even give him the attitude Jayda gave him. He was used to being feared or having all of these stereotypes held against him. However, Jayda was the complete opposite, she didn't fear him and she didn't put all of these labels against him.

Plus, she didn't throw himself at him. She didn't try to fuck on him without knowing his first name and she wasn't trying to use him for his money. She made one move, which was giving King her number.

"Jayda how can I trust what the fuck you're saying?
You're telling me one thing but I'm seeing the complete opposite."

"You can trust me King. I have no reason to do some snake shit to you. Shit, I just recently met you. I just recently moved here! I've never heard of Tray until that night at your bar."

"You have to believe me right now." Jayda trailed off, "I'm sitting here explaining myself to you. I'm trying to get you to see that I'm not who you think I am."

"Jayda I'm not doing this bullshit with you today, I have other shit that I need to handle."

"Okay? I don't care. What the fuck are you telling me for? We're talking right now, your business can wait."

"Don't play with me right now Jayda." He flicked his tongue over his top row of teeth. He couldn't help but to shake his head and chuckle. Jayda, Jayda, Jayda..

"It's been two days and you don't miss seeing me? Bullshit. King accept my apology."

"No."