S E V E N

King eyed the woman sternly that sat in front of him. He was seconds away from spazzing and saying some shit that wouldn't be taken lightly. Everyone had seemed to be doing behind his back lately.

"Jayda, I asked you a fucking question."

Jayda's eyebrows knitted together due to King's harsh tone. She looked at him as if he had two heads. She scoffed crossing her arms over her chest.

"Watch how you talk to me."

"Answer the fucking question Jayda. This is my last time asking you."

The expression on King's face was deadly. Jayda's eyes stared into the handsome man's eyes that sat in front of her. King's eyebrows knitted together signaling his anger. He stared Jayda down in this hard expression she wasn't used to receiving.

"Repeat your question, King."

"The number that you gave me.. it was found in Tray's phone. Y'all were texting."

While looking more into Tray and the sneaky shit he was attempting to do behind King's back, King found Jayda's number in Tray's phone. From his understanding they didn't know each other. Neither did they like each other due to getting off on the wrong foot.

"I wasn't texting him. Even if I was what the fuck does that have to do with you?"

"Why else would your number be in his phone Jayda?"

"Are you accusing me for going behind your back? I'm not that type of person. I didn't know who he was until I came here."

"You're not to be trusted, Jayda. I can't believe shit that's coming out of your mouth."

Jayda felt nothing but disappointed as those words escaped from King's mouth. A pang of hurt came over her that she instantly tried to brush off. She had never been accused of doing something so backstabbing, and here she was being accused. On top of that, told that she couldn't be trusted.

"Okay.." Jayda trailed off. Jayda has always been the most genuine down to earth person ever. For someone to sit here and tell her that she isn't to be trusted was new to her. Her feelings were honestly hurt.

From Jayda's understanding her and King got off to a good start, which they did. She didn't understand where all of this was coming from all of a sudden, they were just good.

"I'm not to be trusted all of a sudden? I didn't do shit to you-"

"You were in on his plans of bringing me down when he stole one of my files?" King interrupted Jayda. He couldn't help but to ask her that. He was trying to piece two and two together.

"Are you fucking serious?!" Jayda's voice raised. The closest thing to her was the water bottle that she was sipping on. She threw it at King. The bottled slapped against King's chest, "I didn't know shit about a fucking file being missing!"

Jayda had taken a liking to King—in a friendly way. She couldn't believe that she was being accused of something so backstabbing. She didn't know you to react, but she just wanted to prove that she wasn't guilty of anything.

"I'm trying not to say shit that'll hurt your feelings Jayda, I'm sparing you."

"Okay." Jayda nodded, she began collecting her things preparing herself to leave. King stopped the girl before she was even able to walk out of the office.