CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Start from the beginning

"Aren't you a little old, to be crowding the soon-to-be a newlywed couple" Sophia walked in after her granddaughter?

"Grandma, I will never get old, and besides I missed moments like this, so I will remake them" she replied with a determined face.

Her parents Chuckled while agreeing with her.

"I'll see you guys later, Suma has dance practice now we all have to be their ngenj'ixukuxa," she said with her funny accent.

Iva burst out laughing, Luna was taking her Xhosa lessons again starting four months ago and she was improving fast, her clicks were still very bad making her sound like a baby learning new words every time she tried, it was adorable to Iva to see her daughter learn her native tongue, and she made the experience way too cute to witness, she insisted on learning the difficult words and phrases first, every time she spoke the language Iva could feel her heart swell with warm feelings, and as much as she felt like cooing and pinching her adorable cheeks, especially when she made a confused face when she couldn't get a word right, Iva worried sometimes that one day her daughter might just bight her tongue literally.

" Mama don't laugh!" Luna whined.

Emilio chuckled and tried to hide it but it was too late.

"Papa!" She whined again and made a pouty face.

They knew the subject was personal and sensitive to their daughter but it was just too easy and way fun to tease her, however, they supported her fully.

Emilio could not speak the language nor did he bother learning, he was too old and had a lot of issues to even try, however, he understood it very well, there was nothing you could say that he wouldn't know, however, the response will always be in his Language or the common tongue to accommodate if a person does not understand Italian.

"You getting better, my little Moon" he praised.

Luna beams before jumping off the bed and making a proud exit, obviously going to brag and annoy Sumeya with the new word she learned.

"Oh my God, she will use that in everything " Iva sighed.

Sophia and Emilio laughed knowing very well the bickering will last till supper, with Luna using the word out of context and Sumeya correcting her a hundred times while getting frustrated.

"The day has finally come, is everything set with De Luca"

"Yes, I sent him the documents yesterday, and the crew will be here to make the place pretty," Emilio says kissing his wife on the lips.

They were renewing their vows in a few hours, it was a private event, family and close friends only, still, he wanted it to be perfect, this was a start to a promise he made, he will spend the rest of his life making up for lost time and strengthening their bond, the wedding was the first step and tonight he will make an announcement that will change their lives for the better he hopes.

"What documents" Iva pried

"For The situation with Avery," He said.

"I can't believe he is making my little bird go through an arranged marriage, that man" Iva fumed.

"It will be ok, Trust me" Emilio promised.

Things will change and he will make sure no one in his family had to endure any more suffering.

****************

Emilio

"Brother, in my office please," I say as I pass by Enzo and Bradley in the living room.