CHAPTER THIRTY

Alunamida

I'm going to kill my cousin after this is all over, I thought as I give Avery a stink eye, she hides behind Uncle Enzo who looks like is trying very hard to hide a smirk.

oh lord"

"Damn"

"I knew it!"

"You what?!"

"I'm gay, well Bi, but I like girls more if that makes sense" I shrugged.

"That doesn't matter right now-" Sumeya paused to give me an apologetic look.

"I mean it does, but we need to go now, Will this work for you Mr. De Luca?" She asks displaying her annoyance at the man.

Alexandro glared at her and Emiliano moved closer to Her his stance protective.

"Emilio, your girls lack manners I see, this is not over," he says walking away.

I sighed, at least it was over for now.

"This nephew must be a lunatic, why does he need to be married off anyway, can't he get a girlfriend or something" I voiced out as we all walked out the stuffy dungeon and the house.

"Please do not scare me, I volunteered to marry this person, him being a creep is the last thing I need," Avery said, sharpening her knives as we get in the back seat of my father's car.

"Then you should have minded your business" I snap at her still a little irritated that she outed me in such a situation.

"Aluna, I am sorry, I was trying to convince him, and it is my business, we are family"  she pleaded.

"All out of 5 seconds ago, stay out of my way," I tell her and looked out the window.

She remains quiet, hurt, and I immediately feel horrible, but I wasn't ready to not be pissed, it may have seemed less important or a means to a solution for her, however, my sexuality was a sensitive subject for me, something I didn't quite understand myself and for her to hint at it like that during such a chaotic situation, was messed up.

However I was not sure whether I should be thanking her or slapping her, so I just chose to be angry, I was going to need it anyway in a couple of minutes, there were a lot of things irritating me, and lucky for me, and unfortunately for my enemies today was the day I lash out.

"Sorellina, you know she meant well, don't be too harsh on her, I'm sure your parents want you to be who makes you happy, which is why they were not willing to marry you off in the first place," Sumeya says.

"I know" I sighed again, feeling even more sorry for my behavior.

"Apologize" she whispers.

I ignore her, my pride still not allowing me to give in.

"We're going to war, do it now and make sure she knows you love her, even if she has been family for 5 minutes, to her you have always been" Sumeya pushes again.

I get frustrated, mostly at myself and more at the position we are in, but I know, Sumeya is right, anything can happen even though I wish we all return safely with grandma, I should not make the mistake to think I have more time, in this life, anything could happen rather make amends now and let the people you love know that you love them now, not tomorrow or later because there's a 50% chance they may never come.

"I'm Sorry Avy," I say loud enough for her to hear me.

"You are family, and I understand you did it to save your father, I want to get to know you as my family, you are already a great friend, please forgive me for lashing out at you," I tell her.