Episode 21

"I thought you were going to law school, why are you here?" Xiao asked once the crowd had disappeared

"That is where my elder wanted me to go to, but I decide to come here to find you" Ganyu replied

Aether felt left out of their conversation and was standing there while they talked.

"Ganyu this is Aether by the way, and Aether this is Ganyu my childhood friend " Xiao introduced the both of them.

"Nice to meet you, Ganyu" Aether wanted to shake her hand but she ignored it and replied "Nice to meet you too"

"Why did I offer to shake her hand, what am I? A grandpa?!" Aether awkwardly laughed as he put his hand away.

"I am going to show Ganyu around, want to come?" Xiao asked Aether

"It's ok, I will go find Venti. Have fun!"   "Ok" Xiao kissed Aether on the cheek before he left.

Ganyu looked back at Aether before leaving with Xiao. "Did she see that?" Aether wondered

"You finally decided to hang out me, what happened to Xiao?" Venti asked as Aether entered his dorm

"He is showing his friend around school"

"Who is his friend?"

"She is the new girl with light blue hair"

"WHAT?! That girl! I only seen her one time and there were a bunch of people crowding around her table during lunch." Venti sat down on his bed "Two pretty friends in a room, they might kiss-"

"WHAT?!" Aether turned and looked at Venti

"I was just joking, no worries. Xiao would not do that to you right?"

"Yeah..."

The next day Aether was walking to class when he spotted Childe waiting outside his classroom. "Childe!"

The boy turned around and waved at Aether. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came by to check up on you"
"Huh, why?" Childe had never done this before so Aether was confused.

"Oh, Xiao has not told you yet"

"Told me what?"

"Oi!" The two of them turned around to find Xiao standing behind Aether.

"Talk to you later, i will go find Zhongli!" Childe sprinted away.

"What did he talk to you about?"

"Nothing, but have you not told me anything?" Xiao's expression changed, he scratched the back of his head. "Of course Childe wanted Aether to know about this" Xiao sighed.

"I will tell you later, don't be late for class" Xiao patted Aether on the head before he went to his class.

That night as Aether was reading, when Xiao sat down on the bed. "Want to tell me anything?" Aether asked

Xiao looked a bit uncomfortable but he tried not to show anything. "It's about Ganyu"

"What about her?"  "It's just that, Ganyu was my first love interest... When Zhongli saw the both of us yesterday he wanted me to tell you. I feel nothing for her now!"

Aether was shocked and found it hard to process. "Aether?"

"I'm fine. Thanks for telling me I am not mad" Aether smiled at him. Xiao heaved a sigh of relief and patted Aether.

While Xiao was sleeping, Aether had many thoughts and he remembered the joke Venti made. Aether tried to get rid of the bad thoughts but for some reason he felt a strange feeling.

Xiao spent a lot of time helping Ganyu get used to college life, Aether had not been able to hang out with Xiao often and started missing his company. At the same time the feeling of anger started growing. Aether and Xiao entered the music room to find a bunch of the members circling around Ganyu. "Ganyu? What are you doing here?" Xiao asked

"I just joined the music club, I was hoping you could teach me how to play the guitar for the entrance exam."

"Ganyu, why don't I help you" one of the members offered.  "It's ok, I rather have my best friend teach me" She smiled at Xiao and motioned for him to sit next to her. Xiao looked at Aether unsure if he should teach her, "Just go, she is your friend right?"

"Ok" Xiao sat next to Ganyu and took out his guitar. Aether went to find a corner to practice on his own.

After awhile people started whispering, Aether overheard their conversation "They look like a couple, are you sure they are not dating" Aether suddenly felt angry, he tried to ignore them but people started whispering even more. Aether forgotten that the members did not know that he was dating Xiao.

"Xiao when you going to ask Ganyu out?" One of the members asked. Xiao was caught off guard by that question, he was hesitant to reply. That was the final straw for Aether, he abruptly stood up. Everyone looked at him including Ganyu and Xiao.

Aether realised what he did and excused himself, he ran out of the room. Xiao followed after him.

Aether ran to the stairs, when he made sure no one was around he cried. He crouched down, angry at himself for having such emotions. His chest hurt just thinking about Ganyu and Xiao together.

Xiao left the room to look for Aether when Ganyu followed him. "Xiao where are you going?"

"I am going to look for Aether" Before Xiao could leave Ganyu grabbed his wrist. "Wha-"

"Before you leave to find your friend, could you just help me with one thing. Help me to compose a love song for my entrance exam."

"What? I am not really good at composing songs like that..."

"Please Xiao" Ganyu begged. Xiao knew that Ganyu won't let him go find Aether until he agreed so he said yes. Ganyu was elated and grabbed Xiao into a tight hug. Xiao did not expect this to happen so he was frozen. He turned his head and the colour drained from his face.

Aether was standing at the staircase and had witnessed everything. He was speechless as he watched the both of them hug. Suddenly he felt tears streaming down his cheeks. "Aether wait-" Aether ran out of there

Xiao freed himself from Ganyu to chase after him. He caught up with him after awhile and tried to explain "You could have told me you still liked her, i would get angry at all"  Xiao never seen Aether having such an painful and disappointed expression and his heart ached. He tried explaining but it was no use, Aether did not know what to do. From where he was standing at just now it looked like Xiao and Ganyu were more than just best friends.

In the end Aether decided on one thing "Let's just have a break from each other for awhile"
.
.
.
.
ANYWAYS, Pls don't come after me TwT  and I am also writing another Genshin ff (because I can)  so I would post both Xiaother and the new ff in alternative weeks🙂😬😨👌