Episode 14

Aether arrived at the location on Saturday, he found Xiao sitting on a bench not far from the place they were meeting up.  "Xiao! " Aether called out to the boy sitting on the bench he waved his arm as he was walking towards him.

Xiao was looking at his phone when he heard someone call his name. He looked up and saw Aether wearing a light colored sweater walking towards him. Xiao got up from the bench and put his phone in his pocket.

Aether asked him "Where are we going again? "  Xiao did not reply he just held Aether's hand and brought him somewhere, Aether wanted to hold his hand a bit longer but they arrived in front of a cafe after awhile.

Aether was still confused on why they were doing here. They entered the cafe and  took a sit on a cushion in front of a small table. The cafe was brightly lit with fairy lights, there were small toys on the floor with a bunch of food trays in one corner of the large cafe. There were a lot of people there chatting and a few girls looking at their direction and taking photos.

Aether was about to ask what this place was when a cat suddenly came over and sat on his lap. Aether was started a bit and wondered why this cat was here when he saw a bunch if other cats in the cafe. People started taking photos of the cats and playing with them.

"Xiao is this a cat cafe! " Aether asked excitedly. Xiao nodded and ordered a drink for both him and Aether.

"Wah! I wanted to come here for a long time with Venti and Kazuha but Venti was allergic to cats so I could never come" Aether patted the cat on his lap as he took photos of it.

Aether took a feather toy and played with the cats as Xiao sat at their table drinking coffee. Aether came back to their table when the desserts arrive. Aether had a cake that was in a shape of a cat while Xiao had almond tofu.  Aether took photos of his desert before eating it. He asked Xiao "Why did you invite me here? "

"Zhongli made reservations to invite someone here but had to cancel it so he asked me to come here instead. I did not want to go alone so I asked you. " Xiao continued eating his Almond Tofu, "Xiao"

"Hm? "

"About the day before, I am sorry for not watching your performance..."

Xiao sighed "It's fine I just overreacted a bit, everything is fine don't worry" he ruffled Aether's hair a bit.

"You have to stop doing that, I am not a kid" Aether pouted and removed Xiao's hand from his head.

"Really? But you act one everyday."
Xiao replied. All of a sudden a black cat approached Aether. 

The cat had amber colured eyes just like Xiao and had a somewhat fierce look but it snuggled up to Aether and would not leave him. Aether picked up the cat and showed it to Xiao "Xiao, this cat looks exactly like you" Aether started playing with the cat and did not realize that someone took a photo of him.

A nearby worker saw Aether playing with the cat and walked up to him "I am surprised Chocolate would allow you to pet him. He normally avoids the people here and would always stay near to Snowy. " the female worker pointed towards a white cat with yellow eyes. The cat reminds Xiao of Aether since the cat was very active and had the same eye colour as Aether.  "You act almost like Snowy, I think Chocolate might have warmed up to you because of that"

Chocolate suddenly got up from Aether's lap and walked towards Snowy. The two cats were playing with each other. Aether started recording when the two cats started rubbing their nose with each other. They looked almost like they were together. Xiao noticed that, he immediately thought of something and blushed a bit.

"Awww, two cats having a intimate relationship with each other."  Aether was completely clueless about the whole thing.

After the both if them finished their desserts it was time to go.  As they left the cafe, Aether thanked Xiao for inviting him. Aether was about to leave when Xiao stopped him.

"Hm? What is it? " Aether asked. Xiao brushed a strand of Aether's hair behind Aether's ear. Aether flinched a bit by Xiao's touch. Without knowing what Xiao was doing, Xiao kissed Aether on the forehead.

Aether felt his cheeks turn red and was unable to speak "Ehhhhh!! " he screamed internally. Xiao's ear turned red, he patted Aether on the head, said goodbye and walked off.

As he was walking, Xiao kept thinking "Why did I do that?!" He took out his phone to call for a cab when the image of Aether holding the cat appeared, from the picture Aether was smiling as he played with the cat and Xiao smiled a bit.
.
.
.
.
SOOO YEAH, I WANTED TO WRITE ABOUT THEIR FIRST DATE FOR AWHILE BUT I CANNOT WAIT SO I SKIPPED MY PLANNING AND DECIDED TK WRITE IT NOW. Since they are not dating (yet) I will just call this a fun outing ig 🙃🙃
I had the idea of the cafe from a Cat Cafe in Japan I went to three years ago.

DON'T MIND MY TERRIBLE WRITING SKILLS OK 😊👌