He sits down next to me giving me a small grin before eating. He's not acting weird after I confessed my whole love for him. Hm.

"So what are your plans today?" Belle asks all of us. Gio shrugs and so does Ryder. Her facial expression falls and she looks at me next.

"I think I'm going to take a mental health day and just stay in today. I think I deserve it."

"Thought you said you were fine?" Belle questions.

"I am," I tell her truthfully. I'm just mentally exhausted for some reason. "Just need to regenerate."

"Mhm sure." I finish my plate and stand up going over to my room. Along my way, I pick up Sebastian and place him on my bed.

I'm going to sleep. Even though I just woke up, I'm going back to sleep. Before I could even move an inch Ryder walks in. No sleep it is.

He crawls over into bed petting Sebastian. For someone who wasn't very fond of the idea of a pet cat, he sure loves petting him. I look out the window letting them have their moment.

I like this. This peace. The silence fills the room. How the fresh air from outside flows through the window. I love that its spring. New things bloom, new beginnings. God, what did Gio put in the food?

I look back down to Ryder and Sebastian and Ryder is already looking at me. "Are you sure you're okay? I have a feeling you aren't."

"I mean I don't know. I feel fine," I shrug, "After killing someone I've been feeling fine. No nightmares occurred last night which throws me off because the last four gave me nightmares the night after. But for him, nothing. No nightmares. When I cried last night, it wasn't because I was sad he was dead. I was happy he was finally dead. You should've felt that relief that I had after that cry. Which freaks me out because I've never been relieved of someone dying."

"Maybe because it was personal?" Now he has all my attention, "Maybe that's why it affected you, instead of the way you thought it would. Cause you weren't just killing a stranger you were killing someone who did damage to you. Who caused you pain, I don't know. Just a hunch."

"Yeah, just a hunch," I whisper. It kind of makes sense because before I was killing strangers making them less of an effect on me. Maybe since he's closer and personal, I don't know. Still doesn't explain why I had no nightmares but then again it does. Cause maybe he was the nightmare and I finally got rid of it. I don't want to think about this anymore, so I change the topic. "You look cute with a cat."

"I don't know, think it ruins my aesthetic."

"No, it gives a softer side to you..like the classic bad boy I hide everything from everyone except her, type."

He scrunches his eyebrows. "Did you just give me an aesthetic?"

I shrug, "No clue what you're talking about. Look at Sebastian." He shakes his head still staring at me. "Look at the cat, dickhead." I turn his face towards the cat.

Then a sudden bang from outside the room makes Sebastian jump. I jump too except Ryder. Instead, his head snaps up and looks at me and back to the door. We both stand up leaving Sebastian on the bed so he won't go anywhere. Ryder walks to the door first opening it slowly. His shoulders fall, relaxing. "Who is it?" I ask. He turns around sighing, "Elijah."