18

Analia Rayne ||

Fuck.

What did I just say?

Ryder's eyes widen and his grip loosens on my waist. But that's all he shows. No reaction is shown on his face.

His face soon starts filling with anger.

Spoke too soon.

He closes his eyes, breathing in, and letting the air out. His jaw clenches.

"Why didn't you say anything, Analia?" he says breathing the words out.

"I just did."

"No shit you did. I'm saying before. Why not before? Why now?" he says using his hands to emphasize.

These men expect a lot from me. They expect me to just tell them everything, huh?

"I don't know cause telling people that your mom hits you isn't really a conversation starter?!"

"We could've helped!" he yells. I jump forward covering his mouth.

"Shut the fuck up, Ryder!" I look back to the door to give him the hint, that I don't them to hear.

"Am I the only one you've told?"

"Yes and No."

"The fuck does that mean?" his voice is now filling with anger. For a second I there I thought he had his anger under control.

"Well, Gio sort of guessed it," I tell him. He breathes out looking up to the ceiling. I look up as well to see what he's looking at.

Is there a spider?

He grabs my wrist pulling me out of the room. He pushes through the door and everyone's heads snap to us.

"You knew?" Ryder points to Gio.

Oh no. I mentally smack my forehead.

"Knew what?" Gio says all mumbled with a piece of cake in his mouth, that he brought from the restaurant.

"About her mother, Giovanni."

I run up to Ryder covering his mouth, laughing it off. If this man doesn't shut the hell up right now. He looks down at me and his eyes soften. His shoulders relax and his face falls into my hand.

He mumbles a sorry in my hand and I give him a small smile.

Okay, guess this is the time to tell them.

"What Ryder was going to say, was something I've been keeping from you guys for a while. I didn't want to have to tell you guys like this."

"But, you guys aren't the only ones not to know. Everyone ever in my life doesn't know about this. So don't feel special," I walk away from Ryder going over to the boys.

Apollo sighs, shaking his head, "Another secret? You see how we can't trust her?"

Elijah slaps the back of his head and I mouth a "thank you" to him. He smiles in return.