23

Analia Rayne ||

I wake up to the smell of something very good.

Why does it kind of smell like a man?

I open my eyes and see I'm lying down in Ryder's bed.

I can tell because my bed doesn't smell like a man's.

Once my eyes open my head starts aching.

Fuck, how much did I drink last night?

The door opens wide and Ryder pops through with a cup of water in one hand and... I think pills? In the other.

I sit up, leaning against the headboard, with my hand rubbing my head.

"How are you feeling?" he asks sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Amazing. Feel like I can do 30 cartwheels," I say giving a cheesy smile. He laughs.

"Here. These should make you feel better."

He places the pills in my palm and I take the glass of water. I place the pills in my mouth and gulp water. I hope these kick in right away.

I put the water down on his nightstand next to his bed leaning back on the headboard.

After rubbing my eyes for the 50th time I look up and see Ryder staring at me.

Not his "Wow you're beautiful" stare. It's like a worried stare.

"Uh... You okay there?" I say waving my head in front of his face.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" he replies quickly.

Did I say something stupid? Did I push him off the bed in my sleep? Did we.. omg.

"Did we.. you know?" I ask him. Please say no.

"What?! No!" he says laughing at the end. Phew. "I'm just asking because you said something."

What did I say? I try recalling to myself what I said, but nothing is coming back.

"Um, no. What did I say?"

"Nothing... We have training today," he says getting up from the bed.

He changed the topic, right?

I groan to myself, "Can I sit this one out? I mean I got a hangover and everything."

I stretch my arms out complaining. He grabs ahold of my arms pulling me up from the bed. Ryder thankfully catches me clashing our bodies together. It's like hitting a wall. His arms wrap around my waist.

"No, you cant sit this one out. Have to train you for the real thing," he leans down kissing my forehead then my shoulder.

"Ughhh."

His arms unwrap from my waist and he walks away to the other side of the room. I try looking around the room but my head hurts too much so I just stay looking at his dresser.