003.Unkept promises

Derek
Even though Derek and Laura swore to themselves and to each other that they would not return to beacon hills alone or until both of them were ready neither kept the promise. After Laura's death Derek stayed in beacon hills helping a group of kids who got wrapped up in the supernatural world. In a way it helped him feel more at peace with the death of his family because he was helping people he once knew even if they don't remember him he remembers the way his sister Sage once spoke of them.

It's what Sage and Cora would have wanted he told himself. But somewhere in his quest to be at peace his uncle started causing chaos urging the once innocent child to unleash the darkness he thought he'd buried so long ago. With that Derek became alpha and the feeling of power was euphoric so much so that he sought to make his own pack no matter where the wolves had to come from.

Sage
The rumors were too much to handle so Sage wished to know if that all they were rumors. It was slowly driving her to insanity the mere thought that some of her family may have survived and not just anyone, her big brother...

Rumors about a new alpha restarting the Hale pack and that it was the Derek Hale one of three survivors of a tragic accident that killed so many innocents. So she broke her promise to her sister and headed home to a place she swore to never face alone.

The shadows of her past compelling her to take the risk and seek out her brother. So she did. But heading home had a cost and this cost was leaving behind the family and relationships she'd built over the 6 years she was gone...

▪️▪️▪️▪️

Idk what the hell to call this chapter because it's not really a chapter but I just wanted to add a bit about how Sage went home and why because I think it adds to the story and gives abit of background info. <3