Kabanata 6

06 - Reason

August 28th

I am writing about this song because I might forget about it. I wanna keep on remembering this when I want to feel loved and appreciated. This is a romantic song, but I do not care. Songs can be applied to different people with different situations, right?

I really loved this song the first time I heard it. I am not in love, but the song is so good it made me feel like I have someone. The lyrics were so comforting. It was steadfast and sincere. I was enthralled from the start.

"Tumingin ka sa aking mga mata,
At hindi mo na kailangan pang
Magtanong nang paulit-ulit,
Ikaw lang ang iniibig.."

How does it feel to be assured? What does it feel when you're heading down to sleep without fear in your heart, because you're certain that he'll never hurt you? That you're enough for him? That you're the one he loves?

"Ikaw lang ang siyang inibig, ikaw lang ang iibigin.."

I stayed silent as I stared at the ceiling, with booming music filling my ears. I closed my eyes and felt my heart flutter as my favorite lyric was sung again on that specific part of the song. I've been listening to this for three hours straight. Nang idilat ko ang mga mata ko ay nakita kong nakatingin sa akin si Rihann. I raised my brows at her and removed my airpods.

"You still have that notebook here?"

I look down to my red journal as I tap my fingers on it. Tumango ako kay Rihann habang naghihintay na matapos siyang kumain. Ang tuwalya niya ay nakasabit pa sa likod ng upuan upang makaligo na pag tapos. I woke up at two in the morning today. Kaya naman pag gising niya pa lamang ay handa na ako. I was writing again last night.

"I always write the words I can't say."

"Right.."

I forced a smile and looked down at my notebook. A song made me feel again. I was scrolling down on YouTube at three am and saw this video. I can't help but to feel love through the music. And because I don't have someone to talk to about it, I wrote in my journal.

"Should I buy you a notebook?" she asked.

"You know journals are my favorite gift."

"Get a high GWA and I'll give you a journal."

She stood up and placed the plate she used on the sink. Hinila niya ang kaniyang tuwalya mula sa upuan at tumungo sa kuwarto. I smiled and accepted her challenge.

"And I'll give you a gift if you reach 1.75 above."

"Deal."

She grinned at me and went out of her room with her bath essentials. Bukas ang pinto ng kuwarto ko kaya naman nang mapadaan siya ay napansin niya ang bookshelf ko. She frowned and turned to me.

"You didn't bring all your books here, right?"

Umiling ako. "No.. Just some of my favorite ones."

She nodded and headed to the bathroom. Nang magsimula ang tunog ng lagaslas ng tubig sa loob ng banyo at tiningala ko ang wall clock. I still have thirty minutes before my first class starts.

I went inside my room and stared at my bookshelf. Nabasa ko naman na ang lahat ng mga ito at wala ng iba pang bago. I sighed and went to my keyboard. I sat down and adjusted the volume before playing something mellow. I smiled when I shifted to Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.

"Julie, can you not play the piano at three am? It's creepy!" Rihann shouted from the bathroom.

"What?" I asked. "I was asleep at three am. Sinong narinig mo?"