Chapter 83 - The Proposal (End)

Start from the beginning

Continue to sing, continue to sing!

If it is not because I love you………

This time, just as she started to sing the song, suddenly it seems she heard someone singing in the living room and it is this song……the song she is now singing…….

‘If it is not because I love you, how will I be downstairs waiting for you?’

‘Waiting for a long time, I still can’t see you, I miss you, miss you, I want to see you.’

‘If it is not for loving you, how will I come to pick you up after work?’

‘The cars on the road are many and crowded, I miss you, miss you, I want to see you.’

‘Love is something that torments people, a mistake due to a strange combination of factors made me angry.

‘Must not feel anxious while driving, thinking about you in my heart.’

Chen Ruo Yu was stunned and stood up.  It was Meng Gu’s voice singing ~ ‘I want to come to look for Chen Ruo Yu.’

Her heart was beating like a drum and she ran out of the room but there was no one in the living room.  Instead, there was a beautiful gift box placed next to her bouquet of flowers and in the box was a brand new cell phone.  The cell phone was shining brightly showing an incoming call. 

When did this thing appear?  Just now it was obviously not there!

She picked up the phone and saw the caller’s photo and the number of Meng Gu.  The ringtone of the phone was the song ‘I want to come to look for Chen Ruo Yu.’

Liar!  He said he could not sing!

Her eye rims began to heat up and her hands were shaking.  She pressed the received button and heard Meng Gu’s voice.  “Chen Ruo Yu, raise your head.”

What is there to see? 

Chen Ruo Yu looked up and saw a picture hanging on the wall behind the sofa.  When was this hung up?  She did not even know.

This time, Chen Ruo Yu burst into tears.

In that painting on the wall was Mr. Peach Blossom Forest, that familiar peach forest, that familiar back view.  That was a very familiar back, wearing a big white coat, with short hair, in suit pants and leather shoes…….that was her Dr. Meng.

In the painting, opposite Dr. Meng, there was a low-lying peach tree and on the horizontal branch of the tree sat a woman holding a peach blossom stem.  On the stem, a peach blossom was blooming and that woman was also very familiar, so familiar that it was impossible not to recognize her and that woman was herself……..Chen Ruo Yu.

In the painting, she was sitting on the branch holding a peach blossom stem and the modern-day version of Mr. Peach Blossom Forest was hugging her in his arms.  They were very sweet and they were kissing.

Chen Ruo Yu covered her mouth, her tears fell like the rain, and in a blur, she saw a line of words in ancient characters on the painting…….Peach blossoms in the thousands but only one is chosen.