Chapter 64 - Coaxing Chen Ruo Yu

Start from the beginning

Liang Sisi and Meng Gu twitched their lips at the same time and both of them rolled their eyes at her retreating back view.

When Chen Ruo Yu came out, Liang Sisi and Meng Gu were both sitting on the living room sofa.  Liang Sisi stood up, looked at both of them and said. “Okay, I’m leaving tomorrow.  There will not be another chance for me to bother about your matters.  Initially, I didn’t want to be involved at all but the two of you are really silly and I can’t stand it any longer.  So now, while I’m still here and if you have anything to say, you’d better make it clear.”

Meng Gu raised his eyebrows and said.  “I’m not silly.  I’m just matching her level.”

“What level am I?!”  Chen Ruo Yu yelled at him.  “I am matured and dignified.  Not like someone who is naïve and difficult.”

“How did you discover the special qualities of maturity and dignity on yourself?   Who was the one who wanted to sing, jot down notes and locked herself up almost restraining herself to death?”

“Then who was the one who bought a durian, then threw it outside the door and later blamed the thief for stealing it?  And who was the one who did not find out the real situation and wrongly accused others……being petty and ignoring others.”

“Stop!  Stop!”  Liang Sisi could not stand it any longer.  “If the two of you want to settle scores, then you should do it slowly behind closed doors.  Ruo Yu, you can speak first.  Why did you lock yourself in the room?”

“He said that he behaved coldly towards me during this time because I went out with you for dinner that day.  He thought that I had gone out for dinner with another man.  That made me angry!”

“Just this?”

“I’ve been wrongly accused.  Obviously, I didn’t do it.  I just met Zhou Zhe at the district entrance and walked back together with him.”

“Okay.”  Liang Sisi turned around to face Meng Gu.  “Dr. Meng, that day Ruo Yu had gone out for dinner with me and then I left to meet other friends, so she came back on her own.  That was what happened.”

Chen Ruo Yu glared at Meng Gu who nodded his head heavily.

Meng Gu knew he was in the wrong.  He felt embarrassed and was at a loss for words. 

Liang Sisi also said.  “What is so serious about this matter?  Dr. Meng, if you had caught her with another man, you should have gone up to her and scolded her on the spot.  Then you would have found out that it was all a misunderstanding, right?  And you, Ruo Yu…….if you’re unacceptable to his cold attitude, you should have gone to look for him and give him a good scolding.  Then wouldn’t everything be clear?  What is the use of holding back for so long?”

The two people looked at each other and did not speak.

Chen Ruo Yu tightened her mouth and after enduring for a long while, she said.  “How can you simply swear and curse?  My feelings are hurt.  Sometimes he is busy, and when the pressure is great, his mood will be bad, so I should be considerate……..so how would I know he was thinking of something else?  I also want to show consideration for him, but this has been going on for more than two weeks, right?  In fact, I really can’t carry on being considerate.”

So, a couple who do not quarrel or do not fight with each other would also have hurt feelings.  Had she passed all these days in sadness needlessly because she made the wrong choice to control her feelings?