Chapter 23: Forgiven

Dave's POV

'Meet me at the St. Helen's park today 5pm.

-Arah'

Pabalik balik ang tingin ko sa text message na natanggap ko at sa paligid ko. I am very nervous and at the same time, very anxious.

She sent me the text an hour ago at wala pa ngang alas singko ay nandito na ako. I don't mind waiting and being early, basta lang alam kong magkikita kami.

Although I'm wondering bakit sa St. Helen park kami mag kikita, hindi ko mapigilang mapangiti. I am too excited to see her. I don't know what to do or how to act kapag nasa harap ko na sya. But one thing's for sure, I will tell her everything. From the very beginning up until the end. I will ask for her forgiveness, and maybe... just maybe, I'll ask her if I still have the chance.

I heaved a sigh saka inamoy ang rosas na binili at pina reserve ko kahapon sa isang flower shop.

"Drink this first. Baka hindi mo kayanin at himatayin ka." Nilingon ko si Jake na kauupo lang sa tabi ko. Right. He's with me. Hindi ko alam kung nasaan ang girlfriend nya pati na si Jelly. Basta ang sinabi lang ay susunod ang dalawa.

"Thanks." Wika ko saka kinuha ang inabot nya tubig. I took a sip of the bottle while we're engulf in a defeaning silence.

"What are you going to do if you see her?" Yumuko ako sa tanong ni Jake at napatitig sa mga kamay ko.

Ano nga ba?

I smiled.

"I don't know...? There's a lot Jake. Sobrang dami kong gustong gawin pag nakita ko na ulit sya. I've been a coward and a jerk to her so I am going to ask for her forgiveness. She might not wanna see me again or even forgive me, but I don't care. As long as I can see her I will do everything. I will make up for what I did to her... I am willing to be her slave or whatever she wants me to be.... I just.... just wanted to see her again..." Niyukom ko ang mga kamay ko and forced my eyes shut. I heard him sigh and shifted on his seat.

Tumingin ako sa kanya and saw him leaning his back and glancing at the sky.

"Aaminin ko sayo Dave. Sobrang nagalit ako sa ginawa mo. I know you're a playboy and all since we've know each other for as long as I can remember. Growing up with you, I've seen you do a lot of things. From being a wacko, flirting with girls, breaking their hearts, dating girls and them breaking your heart and until you've fallen in love, again. At first, I've never really thought na mag seseryoso ka na talaga after what happened to your previous relationships. I even thought na hindi ka na talaga magkaka jowa. I just don't see it in you.. you're just... you're just too complicated to understand Dave. Kung hindi lang siguro tayo sabay lumaki, I would even have that thought of you hating girls and liking the opposite...." He shook his head.

"The hell dude?"

"I know, I know... ridiculous right? But then, here comes the bet that you made with Arah and even hide from me, tch. Akala ko pa naman tinuturing mo akong bestfriend tapos sa iba ko pa nalaman. Kung hindi lang siguro madaldal ang bunganga ni Dina wala talaga akong malalaman.." Bumuntong hininga ulit sya bago ako tiningnan ng diretso sa mga mata.

"You were my bestfriend Dave. Pero nung oras na nalaman ko ang nangyari sainyo ni Arah, I lost it. Hindi ko kinaya pare.. Alam ko naman na ang ugali mo at lahat lahat and to be honest, Arah managed to amaze and surprised me by staying by your side. Remember what happened dun sa bar? When Kate tried all her might of kissing you? I thought that's it. Another heart break scene na naman. But I am surprised sa ginawa ni Arah. She didn't believe what she just witnessed. Instead, she believes in you. She trusted you... sadly hindi mo yun nagawa sa kanya." Kinuyom ko ang mga kamay ko at pumikit ulit. He's right. Hindi ko nagawang suklian ng pagtitiwala ang ginawa sakin ni Arah. Everything that happened is all because of me. I deserved this. I deserve their hatred.