Chapter 1 (Side story 1)

Minato Uzumaki was a man of grandeur meaning his annual Christmas parties never lacked in the departments of eccentricity or numbers. Although he held a more intimate gathering afterwards, in the most recent year over 50 high profile guests with personal affiliations to Minato, who's popularity was a side effect of his outgoing personality, decided to attend the party Minato was holding at his mansion instead of spending the sacred day with family. Amongst these high profile individuals who prioritised networking over family bonding, was a young omega named Deidara.

Being one of the only guests who came from a more financially deprived walk of life, Deidara stuck out like a sore thumb. He had only chosen to attend Minatos extravagant Christmas party because his close friend Sasuke had asked him to.Ever since Deidaras parents passed away Sasuke was one of the only people who constantly worried about his well-being which is the main reason Deidara felt he should attend the party in order to repay Sasukes kindness as well as spend time with his friend, however standing in the corner of a room full of chattering alphas, Deidara began to regret making the vital mistake of arriving early.

As he scanned the room in search of a familiar face, Deidara noticed Itachi Uchiha who looked very irritated as he conversed with someone he seemed to know. When remembering that he use to have a crush on Itachi who he had previously viewed as Sasukes cool older brother in his highschool days, Deidara became hesitant to approach him. However it dawned on Deidara that although he had met Itachi in passing, they had never actually spoken which served as consolation to him allowing him to muster the courage to approach him.

"Hey... erm. You might not remember me but-" Deidara blurted out nervously before instantly regretting his introduction.

"Can't you see I'm in the middle of a conversation here... who are you and what do you want?" Itachi scowled, cutting Deidara off whilst eyeing him from head to toe. Deidara was taken back by Itachis rude response, it was disgusting to him that anyone could so easily disrespect others without regard.

"Now Itachi, you mustn't be so rude" said the white eyed gentleman that Itachi was in conversation with. Deidara recognised him to be Hiashi Hyuga, a very powerful man.
"No it's ok, it's really my fault. It was rude of me to interrupt your conversation, I'll go." Deidara responded. He was eager to leave anyways due to the uncomfortable atmosphere Itachi had created.

"Nonsense!" Hiashi insisted.
"This conversation might be of interest to you actually. I'm looking for a suitor for my daughter Hinata, my top candidate is of course Itachi but after seeing a young man as handsome as yourself I'm swayed to extend my offer."

"Haha, I'm truly flattered but I don't think you'd really want that. I am an omega afterall." Deidara responded truthfully. Although it had always caused problems for him, he wasn't ashamed of his secondary gender and had no qualms with disclosing it.

"A male omega. That's... interesting.  Ah, I just noticed the time, I must be on my way now." Hiashi patronised. He was clearly offput by Deidaras revelation and was looking for a quick escape out of the conversation.

"I think that's for the best Hiashi" replied Itachi.

"Goodness...I wonder if I should really allow my daughter to marry a man with such a foul tongue." Hiashi thought aloud before walking off.

"That fucking bastard he's full of shit. I've told him a thousand times I'm not marrying his hideous daughter" Itachi complained before realising it was only him and Deidara left standing together.
"I think it's a bit harsh to call her hideous, from what I remember she's quite the beauty." Deidara responded to silence Itachi.

"Nobody asked you, stupid omega." Itachi insulted. Although Deidara took a disliking to Itachi as a result of his unbearable attitude, he wasn't at all offended by Itachis insult. Probably because he was use to always being judged Deidara actually found Itachis snarky response funny causing him to giggle.