Chapter 16

Sasukes pov

As a result of Naruto's caretaking for the past two weeks I was feeling abundantly better. During this time period Naruto and Seto had grown close whilst Azia was still playing hard to get and keeping him at arms length. It was nice to see Naruto making an effort but this didn't change anything. He told me he loves me and that I'm the only one for him yet during the time which we were together he never even discussed potentially marking me. Despite the fact my feelings for him were still very much present, I couldn't take him seriously or bring myself to trust him. For all I know he could have somebody else out there who he'd already marked and made his mate.

Azia was clinging to me recently since she was too shy to try and talk to Naruto when it was obvious she wanted his attention so I decided I'd try and help her out. I went downstairs where Seto and Azia were watching cartoons and Naruto was making food. Not that I'd ever admit it but I wasn't a good cook at all whereas Naruto on the other hand was highly skilled so I'd been enjoying his stay with us.

"I need to discuss something with you" Naruto told me as he noticed I'd walked in.
"Hmm" I responded shrugging him off and turning my attention to Azia who was fixated on the Tv screen.

"Seto you have a dentist appointment today, please can you start getting ready to go." He turned to me with a confused look on his face assif to ask why I'd never mentioned anything about this before.
"Umm... okay," he responded before getting up and leaving. The fact that Seto was such an obedient kid made my plan to unite Naruto and Azia ten times easier.

Naruto gave me a worried look as we prepared to leave, probably because he'd caught onto my scheme. Nevertheless, we said our goodbyes and left the house. I put Seto in the front seat and tucked his seatbelt in before asking:

"So what flavour ice cream do you want kiddo?" he grinned and replied "chocolate" without raising a single question then we made our way to our favourite ice cream shop leaving Azia and Naruto to bond forcibly.

Narutos pov

"Are you hungry?" I asked Azia to fill up the awkward science between us.
"No" she replied bluntly then ran off to her room.

I followed her only to find her laying in her bed with her head sunk into a pillow.
"What's wrong?" I asked. 
"I know you like Seto more than me, probably because he looks more like you" she said whilst pouting.
I picked her up and tickled her stomach to remove the sad face she was wearing.
"Ahahahaha no dad Stop!!" She said without even realising she'd given in and called me dad for the first time. My heart smiled.

"I'll stop on one condition" I told her before she asked me what the condition was.
"Whenever you feel sad or have a thought your unsure about come to me and tell me all about it, deal?"
"Deal" she responded.

"I'm gonna tell you a secret that you have to keep between the two of us" I told Azia
"Okay..." she responded as she opened her ears wide.
"I love both you and Seto equally but because you remind me so much of your mom it's harder for me to do anything that I feel might upset you," I explained.
Before I could finish she interpreted this in her own unique way.
"So your saying I'm your favourite !" Her face lit up.
"No I don't have fav-"

"Even though your a bastard I'm not upset at you. I'm happy your my dad"
"AZIAA! Where did you pick up language like that?! Don't ever say that b word again!!"
"Oh is it bad? Uncle Itachi called you it so I thought it was okay to say" she told me.
I couldn't believe that scum Itachi had poisoned my innocent daughter with his vulgar language.
"Please from now on don't repeat anything you've ever heard him say" I instructed her. She giggled and said
"Your funny dad" before kissing me on the cheek. I couldn't have ever imagined that one day I'd get this lucky.

We watched cartoons together until she fell asleep on my chest within minutes again. I'd learnt that Azia could fall asleep very quickly. Sasuke and Seto returned with shopping bags and ice cream stains. So much for a visit to the dentist...
I put Azia down and carried Sasukes shopping bags before asking to speak to him again.

"I'm returning to Japan" I informed Sasuke. Although his expression softened he acted unbothered.
"Well it was only a matter of time. Your wife is probably at home waiting for you..." he snapped clearly hurt by the sudden news. I didn't address his sly remark because there were more pressing issues that we needed to discuss.
"Your coming with me. I'm sorry but you have no choice in the matter. Your location is compromised, both you and the kids are in danger if you continue to live here" I told him.
"We've lived a very peaceful life here in America. I agree with you that I made a mistake and endangered our kids but I don't need to return to Japan. I can just move states or..." Sasukes words were breaking as it appeared this was an emotional subject for him.

"You don't have to live with me , I just need to know your safe at all times and within reachable distance. What are you afraid of in Japan?"
"When I came out as an omega my grandfather disowned me... being away from my family has just been easier. In Japan the risk of me being discovered as an omega is much higher." He confided.
This news was truly heartbreaking, to think Sasuke had been disowned simply because of his gender.
"If worst comes to worst would living your truth be so bad Sasuke? Come to Japan. I'll protect you no matter what"

"I can't trust you. Protect me? You could've protected me from that alpha if you'd have marked me but you didn't because you don't really love me like you say you do. This is just a game to you. Your words are all empty! I won't come to Japan with you!"
Sasuke was right. If I had marked him things probably would've gone much differently back then. But I've never been sure how Sasuke feels about me. I'd been vocal about my feelings towards him but he'd never once explicitly told me how he felt. How was I supposed to bring up marking to someone who I wasn't even sure loved me?

"If me marking you will get you to Japan then I will happily do so but I've never wanted to burden you with the possibility of forever. I hope you understand that if you were to become my mate we'd be irreversibly bonded for life. For someone who can't even admit 3 simple words to me I'm sure that's an overwhelming concept" I told him frankly.

"I just need proof Naruto, it's hard for me to trust anything you say without it"
I locked the door and began releasing my pheromones. My eyes turned yellow before my alpha fangs were unleashed. I grabbed Sasuke and sunk my fangs into his neck. He let out a gasp and wrapped his arms around me as he grew weak and dizzy as a result of my bite. His eyes momentarily turned yellow, indicating he had been successfully marked.

We had now been bonded for life although I had little idea of what this actually meant to Sasuke. Regardless, the possessive wolf inside of me was glad that nobody else would be able to smell Sasukes pheromones apart from me. I'd now know how Sasuke felt at every moment as well as share his pain and happiness. On top of that I'd feel the true depth of his love - such was the fate of marked mates.

"Will you come to Japan with me now?" I asked Sasuke even though I'd previously told him he had no choice.
"Only if you let us live with you."
I didn't expect Sasuke to reply this way seeing as not long ago he was against the idea of me staying with him.
"Of course" I responded. My place in Sasukes life was unclear. On one hand he had told me that he doesn't want to be with me whereas on another hand we'd just bonded for life and we're going to be living together. Although I had no objections, I wished Sasuke could be more honest with himself.

We sat the twins down and let them know they would be moving to Japan to live with me but could take as  much time as they needed to say goodbye to America.

"Hmm so would we get to see granny Tsunade in person instead of on video call?" Azia asked.
Sasuke confirmed that this would be the case.
"Yay then let's go! I wonder how much more family we have in Japan." Azia rambled whereas Seto remained unbothered as always.

With the kids approval, I set off with my family to Japan. Apart from the fact that me and Sasuke were far from back together and he was still refusing to admit his feelings for me, my trip to America had proved successful.