Chapter 21

Sasukes pov

Today, I would be alone with Naruto since Seto and Azia were out with Minato looking at potential kindergarten options and we had an ultrasound appointment to discover the gender of our child. This would be an uneasy experience since after he rejected me on Christmas, I've not been able to confidently spend time with Naruto alone.

"You ready to go?" Naruto asked me gently.
"Yeah..." I responded awkwardly. He then began to approach causing me to instinctively back away.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.
"Nothing, I'm just a bit nervous to finding out the baby's gender" I lied. Truthfully, I was struggling to face Naruto given the possibility that he no longer felt the same way about me that he used to.

"Any preferences?" He asked in an attempt to calm my nerves.
"Honestly I don't mind but... maybe a girl so Azia could have someone else to cling to. Maybe then she'll leave you alone..."
"Haha Sasuke are you jealous of your own daughter? That's unbecoming of a mother," Naruto teased. 

"Maybe... just a little bit" I responded honestly before quickly changing the topic.
"But I'd also love to have a boy, I think Seto would be the best big brother. Anyways let's get going." I spout nervously. Naruto grabbed hold of my hand and held it all the way to the car, maybe he could tell I was a little on edge. I loved that he was always so considerate but, in all honesty,  sweet gestures like this after refusing me as a partner did more damage than good.

When we arrived at the hospital we were sent to a waiting room. That's when it dawned on me that I hadn't even thought to ask Naruto wether he wanted a girl or boy.
"What about you?" I asked randomly.
"Pardon?"
"A Girl or boy?" I clarified.
Naruto smiled, got out of his chair and rubbed my bulging stomach causing me to blush.
"As long as it's a part of you, I'll love it unconditionally so I'm not really fussed about the gender" he stated, giving me butterflies.

"Oh... okay" I responded, unsure what to make of his response.

The doctor came in shortly after and began my ultrasound.
"Congratulations it's a healthy baby girl!" She informed us before leaving the room to give us privacy.

I began to cry unexpectedly resulting in Naruto hugging me reassuringly.
"I can't believe this is actually happening, everything feels so real now. I'm really having another baby" I spoke in disbelief.
"I'm just glad that this time, your here with me..."

"I will always be here" Naruto assured me as he rubbed my back. Picking up on the fact that I was lost for words, he steered the conversation in a different direction.

"Hima" He said randomly.
"Huh?"
"I think that's what we should name our daughter." He explained. I giggled at how oddly he introduced the name.
" Yeah, that's a nice name" I agreed.

When we got home Naruto suggested I rest and informed me that he had a lot of work he needed to complete so he would be scarce but I should call him if I needed anything.

Ever since I became pregnant Naruto had been overly protective of me, so I was suprised that today he was so lax about leaving me alone. Without Seto and Azia around I found myself engulfed by boredom which made me realise how excited I am to become a mother again since my twins had grown up so fast and I missed the days that they enjoyed being coddled.

Various thoughts ran through my head as I lay down, missing both Naruto and my kids, when I was suddenly disturbed by a knock on the door.

"Mommy!!!" Azia and Seto screamed in unison.
"What are you guys doing here?" I asked genuinely shocked since I thought they were with Minato.
"Here, wear this" Seto instructed as he stretched out his tiny hands and handed me a blindfold.