Chapter 9- Love

Naruto's pov

Sasuke and I have been dating for 6 months now and we'd come a long way from where we started. Every so often we'd go on date nights to fancy restaurants and take late night strolls. He'd opened up to me about the pressure of being an Uchiha and his childhood struggles which made me understand why he's so pessimistic and sensitive and also made me see him in a different light. 6 months may seem like nothing in comparison to decades and lifetimes but I still feel like I know everything about him. Like although he acts tough and unfeeling he has a  massive soft spot for his doctor Tsunade and older brother Itachi. He always reads romance novels which leads me to believe he's more of a romance enthusiast than he lets on and on top of this he always pushes himself to attain the impossible.

Somewhere along the line of our relationship I fell in love with Sasuke. I suspect I've loved him since the moment I laid my eyes on him, it just took me a while to interpret this deep feeling. Although I don't know wether Sasuke feels the same way I plan to let him know how I feel tonight when I visit him.

Sasukes pov

I knew Naruto would be coming over soon so I got up and changed into the baggiest top I could find since he had my house key and could walk in at any moment. I've managed to hide my pregnancy for so long but I know that it's unrealistic to think I can keep pretending to be something I'm not when my belly is growing larger by the day. Even though I've enjoyed every second spent with Naruto in the last 6 months I know I can't stay in this relationship any longer, he hates omegas and children so if he ever finds out that I lied to him for so long and took advantage of his kindness he will definitely hate me and my child forever which I know I won't be able to bear because I love Naruto with all my heart. It's a shame I can never tell him any of this, after all I'll soon be out of his life.

The issue of my family was a more complex one. I've made up my mind to come clean to my grandfather tomorrow since I was due to visit him. In my heart I know regardless of their faults my family will always love me for who I am so although I was a little scared I knew deep down everything would be okay.

"Babyyy" I heard Naruto belt from downstairs. I ran from my room and lept into his arms.
"I've missed you so much" I told him truthfully. He smiled and tickled my arms playfully. I really did miss him since he'd been so busy with work recently I felt like I saw him half as much as when we started dating but I understood.

"Sorry I've been so busy, I bought you Ichiraku ramen to make up for being a bad boyfriend recently" Naruto said.
"Your not a bad boyfriend, your just a really stupid one" I teased him. We sat at the dining table and ate the ramen takeaway. I loved how Naruto was always doing thoughtful things like this, it's one of the many reasons I fell in love with him. When I looked at Naruto he looked anxious which was unlike him so I asked him if he was okay.

"Sasuke... I don't want another day to go by without you knowing how I feel about you. I want you to go to sleep tonight knowing that I love you. I've never felt so strongly about anyone in my life before. I know your the only one for me" he half sounded like he wanted to propose to me. I felt like crying but I held in my tears. I was so glad, so glad to know he loved me too but at the same time I was also overcome with sadness. I knew at this moment that letting this relationship progress any further would only cause more heartache for the both of us. I wanted to tell him just how much I love him, I wanted to let him know that he occupies my thoughts at every waking hour of my day .... But I couldn't.

"It's flattering to know that you feel that way Naruto. I think your amazing but recently I've felt as though this relationship is interfering with my work so I think it's best we go our separate ways" I lied to Naruto as I tried my hardest to stop the tears from falling from my eyes.

Naruto's pov

I thought me and Sasuke had made so much progress. I thought he felt comfortable enough to confide in me about anything.  Sasuke is temperamental and says things he doesn't mean all the time. I know he keeps a lot in and there's so much he doesn't tell me but up until this day Sasuke had never lied to me. How could Sasuke look me in the eyes and say he wants to break up with me because our relationship infers with his work? I was enraged. Not because Sasuke was trying to break up with me but because he chose to lie to me about the reasons why. If only Sasuke knew I could read him like a book he never would have even  bothered to lie.

Against my better judgment I chose to comply with Sasukes wishes. Maybe I should've pried more or atleast tried to make him reconsider, afterall there could be a perfectly just reason he was doing this that was beyond my understanding. However in the moment I was too blinded by rage to even care.

"If that's what you want then I'll be on my way. Here are the keys to your house. Sorry for the inconveniences our relationship caused to your work" I said as I leisurely walked out of his front door without looking back. I didn't want to go, I didn't want to leave him. But I couldn't bring myself to rationalise why Sasuke lied to me or why he would even want to break up with me in the first place.