Chapter 18

Sakuras pov

I'd been so busy with work recently that I hadn't had a chance to speak to Naruto. I was finally promoted to head doctor at my hospital but didn't tell him as I wanted to settle into the role first. I'm planning to visit him and tell him today.

"You going somewhere?" Ino asked me as I was preparing to leave.
"Yeah,I'm just paying Naruto a visit. He hasn't been in contact lately which is really strange so I need to check up and see if he's okay" I responded.
"Ok beautiful, be safe" she told me before kissing my forehead and saying goodbye.

When I arrived at Naruto's house I realised I'd forgotten my keys as I was distracted by my interaction with Ino, meaning I would have to knock. Knocking on my best friends door was a strange feeling to me since we'd always had total access to every aspect of each other's lives. Nevertheless I endured it and continued to buzz the doorbell annoyingly without caring much about the way this would be perceived.

The door was finally opened.

"Took you long enough Naruto I've been-"
I looked up to be met by a glaring Sasuke. Shock overcame me. What did this mean?
Suddenly it all made sense why Naruto had been ignoring me for so long...
Fucking Sasuke.

Sasukes pov

When I opened the door and saw Sakura I had half a mind to slap her into next week then slam the door right in her face. It's unbelievable that she had the nerve to show up here after what she'd done to my family.

"What the hell do you want bitch?!" I questioned her aggressively. Honestly it wasn't in my nature to be disrespectful to women but Sakura was an exception.

"I'm here to talk to Naruto, I most certainly didn't expect to see the likes of you here" she retorted.

"I couldn't give less of a shit, your not entering this house, I don't want my children encountering filth like you. If you want to talk to Naruto pick up a phone and call him" I instructed before slamming the door in her face. I wish I could forgive her but seeing her behaving so unapologetically, I knew it was impossible.

Hearing the commotion Naruto rushed down with Azia in his arms. These days Azia didn't even bother hiding her favouritism towards Naruto. It was all too blatant, sometimes I even questioned whether I meant anything to her at all.

"Who was that?" Naruto asked before attempting to hand Aria over to me. She struggled and rejected me whilst clinging onto Naruto. I couldn't believe her. Naruto pat her back to calm her down and continued to hold her whilst mouthing 'sorry' to me.

"Nobody important." I replied, choosing to ignore Azias bratty behaviour. "Hopefully she's gone."

"She?" Naruto reaffirmed seemingly narrowing down the list of women who would knock on his door. His phone began ringing.

Narutos pov

I decided to pick up Sakuras call. After I found out what she did I hadn't responded to any of her calls or messages as not only was I too confused,  I was focusing all my energy into getting my family back. Given the suspicious nature of Sasukes responses I assumed it was Sakura who was knocking on the door and although I understand why he left her there I felt too bad to leave her standing outside like that after coming all the way here.

"Naruto you have some serious explaining to do, open the door right now you son of a-"
Bleep.
I cut the call before she could finish her sentence since Azia was lying on my shoulder and would've heard Sakuras use of profanity.

"Sasuke, I understand your reservations but please give her a chance to explain herself..." I pleaded with him.
"She never gave us a chance, she robbed us of our chance to be happy for so long. So why should I give her a chance?"  Sasuke asked me furiously.