Home

Music may be what helps you live the day, but it's what's keeping me alive.

--

Chapter Seventeen

"Um yeah." Harry shifted a little in his spot. I looked to the boy I love and have a small smile. Harry looked to the door. "Well. No. I think it best if we erm. Wait to see what the doctor thinks." He shrugged. I roll my eyes.

"Then shut the light off, will ya?" I groan, placing a pillow over my head. This hospital pissing me off. I have a killer headache and my arm is killing me. I'm just plan uncomfortable. I shift a little to the clicking sound of the light switch.

I liked it better when I didn't remember anything. I liked the thought of not knowing who the people where that walked into the room. I liked the thought that Harry might actually be my brother. I didn't like the memories of my mom hitting me every day. I didn't like the memories of my ex forcing me to do things I didn't want to do. I don't like anything abut my past.

"Delilah?" Louis looked to me with a questionable face.

"Yeah?" I asked in confusion.

"I asked if you were hungry. You haven't eaten in days. You're looking a bit pale." He concluded. I wasn't hungry. But I also haven't eaten in days.

"Yeah. Um. Anything you want to bring me is fine." I smile. He leaves with Harry on his heels.

"Delilah, you okay? He asked if you were hungry like five times before you actually answered him." Niall said. Suddenly I didn't like the closeness of our beds. I didn't like him this close to me. Which don't get me wrong I love him. I just like my space.

"Yeah. I'm just thinking." I simply stated. And with that he sighed and gave up pressuring me. "Look, I'm sorry Niall. I'm not comfortable here. I haven't moved from this spot in ages. And I'm all pissy with everyone not letting me go home. And I'm just annoyed with almost everything." I apologize.

"It's fine. I understand." He says smiling at me. "I'm starting to think we've been here too long. I'm getting annoyed too. And don't get me wrong, I love being in the same room as you and all, but I need my space." He admitted not looking at me, but at his crippled hands.

"I. I feel the same Niall." I look at him and smile. He smiles back. "I. I still love you." I smile.

"I love you, too." He smiles. The doctor walks in.

"I wanted to keep you two here until both are healthy. Delilah you were good to go home a couple of days ago. Now both of you are okay to go home. I'll just have Liam sign the papers for you, Niall." He looked at his clipboard "And Harry'll sign for you, Delilah." He smiled at us then left. I WAS READY TO GO HOME A COUPLE OF FREAKING DAYS AGO!? UHG!

NIALL'S POV

I could see the anger on Delilah's face when the doctor left. It was as if she couldn't believe what the doctor said. I looked to her. She was sending daggers through the door. Nearly five minutes after the doctor left Lou and Harry returned with the food. I could always eat. Delilah looked at her food in disgust as she took her first bite. She was looking pale and starved. I didn't want to start eating my meal until I knew she was going to finish eating her own.

She finished her last bite so I dug into mine. This was gross. I hated every bite. Delilah looked paler ran ever. I wonder if hers was any good. She clutches her eyes close and sets her head back on the pillow.

"It's not polite to stair, Nialler." Harry chuckled. I snapped my head to look at Harry's amused face. Jordan had left a while ago and Harry was looking a little restless since. Making small if any noise. He must really like her.

"Yeah. Sorry." I apologized. I looked back at my food, and for the first time ever I shove the food away. "This shit's nasty." I conclude the worried and concerned glances from Harry, Louis, Delilah and Liam. Zayn was out with Parrie.

"I'm going to sign the papers to let you two out. Um. Harry, lets go." Liam said getting up. They left to sign the papers. I looked to Lou. He looked like he was in his own little world. I cleared my throat. Startling him and Delilah.

"Yeah?" Lou said walking to my side as I gestured for him to lean down so I could whispered to him.

"I want to marry her. Make her happy ya know? But I want to do it when I can lift her. I'm weak right now. So will you help me get her ring size. Please." I whispered.

"What!?" He shot up taken aback from my words. I just simply nod and smile.

"I love you, Delilah." I simply smiled.

"Love you too, Niall." She mumbled into the pillow she'd pullin over her face. But I could since the smile on her face from her voice. I really wanted to spend the rest of my life with this girl. I've known her for three almost four months now. And I already knew I loved her when I met her on that flight to London.

I can see it now. 'Delilah, I love you with all of my heart, will you marry me?' 'Ohmygod Niall! Yes!' She'd be so happy. The never ending love I have for her.

Liam and Harry walk in and waved the papers around in the air in victory. I chuckled at them, whilst Delilah just giggled. Wheelchairs were rolled in for her and I. And within a couple of hours we were home. The flat smelled as if we'd never left. We haven't been home in a month, but it still smells of Delilah's potpourri she insisted we keep out. It smelled like her. And I loved it.