Little did I know

Where there is love, there is hate. Where there is happiness, there's bitterness. Where there is light, there is dark. Where there is good, there is evil. Watch what you do. Because someone might be watching you...

Chapter four

I run down the hall, still confused by Niall's words. He thinks I'm pretty? And Harry does too!? "Niall! Hey Niall!" I say running up behind him. He stops turning on his heals.

"Yeeeeaaas?" He smiles showing off his only dimple. "What is it Delilah? You look so confused." He places his right hand on my left shoulder. I shrug it off. "What?" He asked confused.

"You. You said I'm pretty! You said Harry thinks so too! Then you leave me to try and figure it out! Wh-what is that about?" I raised my voice slightly. He looked so incredibly adorable when he looks like that. "I-I just. You know. I've never been called pr-pretty." I stumble on my words.

"Never?" He asked quietly. I shake my head no. He pulls me into a hug. "No one sees what I see when they look at you." He said into my hair. I pull from the hug an ask him why he tho is I'm pretty. "Your eyes. They...they're like mine and Harry's together. And when you laugh, it's something else" he laughs to himself. " and when you scrunch up your nose when you're upset or confused. You look so damn cute!" He said.

Never have I ever been called pretty. Especially by Niall James Horan. And according to him Harry Edward Styles. A slight blush could be felt on my face. He smiled his cheeky smile. "Hehe thanks Niall." I say. "Good night." I say and he says it back. "See you in the morning." He nodded.

**

I open my eyes to my room. Mom hasn't come to wake me yet. Then I realize it's not my room back home. And it's not the newest room. It's a dark room. The curtains are pulled closed. I prop myself up on my elbows.

I looked left and right. "Hello?" I call out. No one answers me. I try to get out of bed. Lifting my feet to touch the ground. There's nothing there. Not even the ground. I fall. And fall. And fall. Nothing. I land softly on cold hard ground. Thousands and thousands of feet below my bed, which is floating in the air. What is this?

"Hello?" I try again. I don't move from my spot. My limbs becoming stiff and unable to move. I scream. But nothing comes out of my mouth. I try again.

"Delilah! Delilah hey! Wake up! Delilah!" A voice is urgent and shaking me. "Delilah..." They say calmer.

"Wh-what's happening?" I ask. My eyes still squeezed shut. I open one eye to see Harry's concern face just inches from mine. "Harry." I smile. I sit up pulling him into a tight hug sobbing.

"Delilah, love. You were stirring and screaming really loudly. I got. I just got really worried about you." Harry said with concern in his deep green eyes. He sat on the bed next to me as my sobbing turns into a low whimper. "Shh Delilah. I'm here. I'm here." He brought his right hand from the top of my head to the small of my back trying to clam me.

"Harry. I was so scared." I said into his chest. "There was nothing. I couldn't. I couldn't talk. I fell. A thousand feet. Harry it was scary." I started to sob again.

"Shh. Love, you're safe now. I promise." He kisses the top of my head. I don't feel 100% safe. But safe enough to fall back to sleep. Still wrapped in Harry's arms. "I... I have to change. I'll be back in two seconds." He said getting up to go.

I nod and watch as he walks out the door. Opening then closing it. I waited in the dark for what felt like ages. When Harry finally returned to me, he said sorry for taking so long. He looked so cute in his pj pants just on his hips letting his boxers slip out just ever so slightly.

He looks at me. Then the floor. "I. Erm. I can stay on the floor if you'd like? Or I erm. We could talk for a... Erm. You know a little while." He said. I nodded and told him talking would be great. He sat on the bed next to me. He wrapped me into him. "What is it love?" He asked.

I explained everything to him. From dad leaving to mother. To uncle Ben and why I came with my arm all bloody and hurt. To the dream I had just had. He looked me in to eyes. "No one. NO one deserves to be treated like that. Especially someone as beautiful as you." He placed some of my dirty blonde hair behind my ear. I smile.

"You can go to bed now. I'll be okay." I smile shyly. He nods and walks out, closing the door behind him. I fall asleep. Dreaming no more.

**

"Delilah. What would you like to do today?" Liam asks walking over to Lux and I. I shrug and ask Lux. Like she can answer. "Haha. Alright. How about we have Zayn and Perrie go out and get food then?" Liam smiles to Zayn and Perrie. They nod yes and leave.

"I like her." I smile. Lux throws a toy and starts to cry. "Oh Lux shh." She won't stop crying. I check the time. Nap time. I get up and take her to her bed. Laying her down. I kneel next to her. She isn't falling asleep.

I look to see that we're alone. "It isn't far. Where you want to go. Just around the corner down the cobbled road. Not that far. The place you're looking for. Shh my darling. It isn't that far. Just look dear baby. Your dreams await you. Just close. Your. Eyes." I coo to Lux.

"You never told us you could sing." A low hushed Louis said behind me. He startled me. I blushed badly. "It's okay. I like it." He smiled. "Sing again." He begged. "Just not here. Sing for us. Please Delilah." He was practically on his hands and knees begging.

"Shh!" I hist. Lux had just fallen asleep. "Maybe." I say walking over to turn the light off. "Now go. Lux is sleeping." I shooed him off smiling.

"Okay. But promise you'll sing." He tried one more time. I laugh and shove him out closing the door quietly.