I Love You

A/N: please tell me what you think about the story. It means a lot to me.

Thanks.(:

--

Chapter Sixteen

NIALL'S POV

See the thing is. I miss my old room. The doctor comes in at like three in the morning to make sure Delilah's still breathing. I wake up every time that damn door opens. The light blinds me. The sponge baths suck here, too. I can't bathe myself. Stupid broken legs and arm. I've been up for two hours now. Her light snoring stops.

"Delilah?" I whisper. She doesn't make a sound. Or move. "Delilah." I say louder. Maybe she didn't hear me the first time. "Delilah!" I yell. The doctor runs in and starts moving wires around. She gasps and sits up a bit. "Delilah.." I squeak out. Did she stop breathing?

"She'll be fine. But, you better stay awake Miss. Hemmings. You might stop again." And with that the doctor left.

"Niall?" She asks. We've gotten to know each other better the last few days. I haven't found my voice yet and so I hum to let her know I'm listening. "I remember. Everything." She blinked, looking at me.

I look her in the eyes. "What?" I question not believing m ears.

"Everything. I remember everything. Like this one time when I was six, and my dad took me and my brother to the zoo. He was bit by a horse." She giggles at the memory. "And I remember the day my dad left. And he took my brother with him. Leaving me with mom." She looks at me smiling. "I remember the day you asked me to be your girlfriend. I remember the day I heard your first song with the boys. Niall, I remember." She beams.

I'm in shock. She remembers. SHE REMEMBERS! I can feel my eyes water with joy and my smile growing on my face. "H-how?" I stumble on my words.

"Death brings you closer to life." Was all she said. She looked me in the eyes. She deep green gone to a light vibrant blue with spots of green splashed in there. Smiling from eat to ear. Her red hair brushed, but also had somewhat of a bed head look to it. This. This is the girl I fell in love with. Her. Delilah Hemmings. Or should I say the future Delilah Horan. I smile at my own thought.

DELILAH'S POV

"Death brings you closer to life." I said remembering dad saying that to me. I smile at my own little thought. "Have we ever said I love you?" I asked. I know I love him. It's been three months since we started dating. I've loved him since they came out.

He locks his beautiful crystal clear blue eyes with my own. "I love you, Delilah." He says. Did he just? Am I breathing!?

"I love you, too, Niall." I didn't dare look away from his eyes. They held such truth. So much meaning. I said mine from the bottom of my heart. Every inch of my being. I inched myself up to prop on my elbows.

Harry comes in. "Harry!" I exclaim. He's become my best friend over the last month. He waves hello to Niall and pecks my check. Then I see Jordan. "Ohmygod! Jordan!" I yell out. She walks over to me and hugs me.

"I'm so glad you and Niall are okay! When I heard I was like I have to see her now. But Harry over there thought it'd be best to hold on until you remember things. Then Harry came over one day and told me that he mentioned me and you remembered everything! I was like bouncing off walls!" She was smiling like crazy! I laughed at her.

"She has been. So I told her to come on over to see you two." Harry chuckled pointing to Niall and I. "Have you guys said 'I love you' yet?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I looked to Niall. "He heard us." Niall shrugged. I rolled my eyes. "Push my bed closer to hers." He whispered to Harry. And as requested Harry pulled Niall and his bed to my bed side.

"You smell nice." I told Harry. "Can I go home!? Please!" I begged Niall and Harry. "I just. This hospital is getting on my nerves." I mumble.