Chapter 44

It has been three days since the operation yet Mawi, hasn't open her eyes yet. Her Doctors keep on monitoring her, stable naman na siya hinihintay lang talaga namin siyang gumising. She's also in her private room after almost two days in ICU.

I held her hand tight and kissed it. Magaling na rin ako, nadischarged na sa ospital pero hindi ako umuwi ni minsan sa bahay. I am where Mawi's room is, I sleep here, I eat here and I stayed here. Her family and Veni are worried about me but I'm doing good. She's my strength, so why would I go away from her?

I want to be here, and I'll wait for her.

Veni provided everything I need, inuutusan niya ang mga tauhan ko na magdala ng gamit dahil literal na parang dito na ang bahay ko kasama si Mawi. Pumupunta naman ang pamilya ni Mawi dito, pero tuwing gabi sabi ko ako nalang ang bahala sa kanya. Nahihiya na raw sila sa akin pero sabi ko gusto ko ang ginagawa ko kaya hayaan lang nila ako. Gladly they let me.

I love saying some stories to her, sabi nga nila mas okay na kinakausap siya kahit na hindi pa siya gising. I wonder what she's dreaming of because she loves to sleep. Mas gwapo ba sa akin iyong napapaginipan niya? Tsk.

"Goodnight, Mawi. Squeeze my hand once you wake up okay? I'm just here."

I kissed her forehead. Ipinatong ko na rin yung ulo ko sa kama na hinihigaan niya habang hawak ang kamay niya. I didn't let go of her hand while we are both sleeping. Ganon lagi ang ginagawa ko.

"I love you, always."

Nasanay na rin ako sa ganitong posisyon, even my wound hurt a little bit, I didn't bother to take the couch and sleep there. I want to be near her, everytime.

I closed my eyes and prayed that she will wake up tomorrow. 

Naalimpungatan ako dahil nakaramdam ako ng lamig. Nakalimutan ko palang magkumot.  I looked at Mawi and she's still sleeping peacefully. I smiled. I really missed her smile, hindi siya palangiti pero gustong gusto ko na ulit makita iyon kahit hindi madalas.

Yung pagiging maangas niya miss ko na rin. I smiled when I remember her cussing a lot, pati ata 'yon namiss ko na. Marinig lang ang boses niya masaya na ako. I kissed her hand again.

"So wake up Tangi kasi miss na miss na kita."

I was about to get my blanket when I felt a gentle squeeze. Medyo nagulat pa ako kaya napatitig ako sa kamay pa rin naming magkahawak. And once again, she squeezed my hand slowly.

Fuck.

I looked at her, tumayo ako at inilapit ko ang mukha ko sa kanya. I got teary eyed all of a sudden, my heart is beating rapidly.

"Mawi... Tangi.." I said, and kissed her forehead gently. "Thank you so much."

She slowly opened her eyes and that's when the time I confirmed that she's totally awake.

"I love you.. I love you so much."

I can't contain my happiness, I was literally crying right now.

I wiped my tears and pressed the buzzer to inform Zyrone and her other Doctors that she's awake. Maya maya ay pumasok na rin silang lahat sa kwarto. I gave them space so they can check her.

While they're doing that I also called her parents and they said that they'll be on their way.

After how many minutes, Zyrone went near me. He tapped my shoulder. I was expecting for a good news.

"She's responding really well. But if there's something wrong with her speaking skills she needs neurorehabilitation to restore it. This hospital offers speech language pathologist and other physical and occupational therapists. Don't worry man, she's doing great. Sana magpatuloy na ang recovery niya. She might feel weak since kakagising niya lang so let's give her a time to rest still for her to regain strength. Pagsikat ng araw din ay, mag ra-run kami ng other tests sa kanya."