Bat (Before This Is It) 🦇

It was early evening and Michael had just put on his Peter Pan pajamas.

I was waiting for him to come downstairs so we could finish watching the movie.

Something flew by the window and it sounded like it was squeaking and chirping.

Michael came downstairs and then, he saw me staring out the window.

"What are you looking at, baby"?

He asked me, and then walked over towards me.

"I saw something fly by and it was making a squeaking noise".

I told him.

"Well, let's go see what it is".

Together, we went outside wearing our pajamas and slippers.

I shined my flashlight around and then whatever the thing was flew over our heads.

"Aaaah"!

Michael covered his head with his hands.

I walked over to the Giving Tree and shined my flashlight on one of the branches.

There, hanging upside down, was a little brown bat.

"So, that's what it was".

I said outloud, startling the bat.

It flew around in a circle and then perched it's tiny body on a different branch.

"What a cute little bat".

I reached out to touch the animal, but Michael gently moved my hand back.

"He might bite you".

The little brown bat let out a few squeaks and chirps before flying out into the sky again.

Michael watched as I followed the small mammal while using the flashlight.

After a little while, he was starting to get cold.

By then, I decided to leave the bat alone so it can be free without worrying about being bothered again.

We both went back inside to finish watching our movie, and soon after that, it was time to go to bed.