Chapter 27: Father-Daughter Day

Hedea's POV

"Can we make momma breakfast?" I ask Mr. Massimo as I climb out of bed following Mr. Massimo out the bedroom door. "Of course Honey what should we make her?" He asks "Can we make her crepes, they're her favorite," I say going to the fridge and taking out the ingredients we need. Massimo looks up a crepes recipe on his phone and he tells me everything else we need. 

I mix the batter and Massimo cooks the better so I don't touch the stove. "What are you two doing?" Yari asks coming into the kitchen rubbing her stomach. "We're making Breakfast for mommy," I say jumping off the barstool. "Why don't you take this up to your mom while I finish up making breakfast for everyone." Mr. Massimo says handing me a plate of crepes and some strawberries on the side. 

"Mommy Wake up, Mr. Massimo, and I made you breakfast," I yell jumping on the bed to wake her. "Mhm... I'm awake sweety please stop jumping," Mama says yawning and sitting up. "Thank you," Mama says as Mr. Massimo puts the plate on her lap. Mama starts to eat, occasionally giving me a bite. "I was thinking, I want to take you girls out for the day," Mr. Massimo says taking a sip of his coffee. "You don't have to do that Massy," Mama says rubbing his hand on her thigh. "Please mama it will be fun and we can spend more time together," I say giddily jumping on the bed again. "Only if you stop jumping on the bed," Mama playfully scolds. "YAY!" I yell happily skipping out of the bedroom. 

Hela's POV

"You know you don't have to take us out," I say watching as Hedea runs out of the room. "Babe I want to get to know Hedea more, Hedea is gonna need a father figure and if I'm gonna stick around I'm gonna be the best father figure I can be for her," Massy says softly kissing my lips. A few tears escaped before I could answer "I never thought someone would accept my daughter because she isn't their blood and because I had her so young," I sob out clinging on the Massy tightly. 

"Don't worry, as long as I live I will care for you and Hedea," Massy says returning my hug. We sat there in each other's arms for a while till Hedea came back. "Mommy! Come on let's get ready so we can go," Hedea says happily. "Ok, let's go find you something to wear," I say getting out of Massy's lap. "I'll get dressed in the spare room," Massy says before leaving the two of us to get ready. "How about this?" Hedea asks as she switches around the 3 outfits grandma brought her this morning. "Whatever you want honey," I say while looking for something to wear myself.