Chapter 17: Poison

Massimo's POV

It was about 6 at night right now and I'm driving back to Hela's house to pick her up for our date. Hela didn't want me to tell her family about the date because she wanted to 'protect' me from a sooner death. As I pull up to the house I see Hela falling from her window...again. "You have to stop sneaking out like that," I say getting out of the car and opening the door for her. "But I like jumping out of windows," she says getting into the car. I just grin before getting back in and driving off to the restaurant. 

Hela's POV

We arrive at a restaurant named Benihanas. I've never heard of this place before. I look at the restaurant confused as ever. "Have you ever had Tepinyaki?" he asks. I give him a look that says 'Does it look like I have.' He chuckles before getting out to open my door. He opens the door and leads me inside. The hostess seats us almost immediately, as we sit down we look at the menu and soon enough a chef comes out of the back with ingredients and starts turning on the stove thing in front of us. 

Time skip

After an hour and a half, the food was ready and prepared. I had drunk almost half a bottle of wine and now I was feeling really tired... Overly tired. I started to feel sick so as I was getting up to use the bathroom I almost fell over but luckily Massy was there. "Are you ok?!" he asks picking me up and rushing to the car. "I-I'm fine massy just t-tired," I say as my eyes get heavier and heavier, and soon enough I was out...

Massimo's POV

I speed towards my house and yell into my phone for my private doctor to get to my home as fast as possible. As we're almost there I notice Hela starting to get paler as she started coughing blood. I hit the accelerator and before you know it I pull into the driveway of my private house. As I get out and pick her up  I notice her wrist veins were popping out and looked almost black. I practically run with her towards my bedroom. The doctor soon arrives with all his medical equipment. He attaches a bunch of wires to Hela as she's still coughing unconsciously. "Let's me run a poison test on her I think it might be arsenic poison," he says taking some blood from her. As the blood flowed into the needle it looked darker than most blood I've seen. 

Dr. Donavon came back with the test results that he read allowed "She was poisoned with Arsenic." I look at him shocked, how could this have happened, who could have poisoned her. Then I thought back to dinner...The Wine... Hela drank almost half a bottle of wine that the Hostess offered only her. I call some of my men and send them to get that dumbass Hostess and take her to the basement. "I'll get some antibiotics running through her and ill get started on Chelation therapy to remove most of the Arsenic from her body, shes gonna be ok," he says putting a hand on my shoulder as I look at the wall blankly. I let this happen to her. How could I be so stupid!? I promised to protect her and instead, I let her get poisoned... How am I supposed to tell her family that I let her get poisoned and that I went on a date with her without asking for their blessing...