008| matches and murder

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ═════╗

Diviner

Matches and Murder

╚══════✮❁•°❀°•❁✮══════╝

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"IT CAN'T BE Hagrid. It just can't be."

"Yeah, he couldn't hurt a fly." The quartet was walking to Hagrid' hut as Harry told them about what the diary had shown him. Althea thought it was weird that they had been shown the same thing but brushed it off as she listened to Harry.

"We don't even know this Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me."

"The monster had killed someone, Ron. What would any of us done?" Hermione said.

"Look. Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go ask him about it?"

"That'd be a cheerful visit. Hullo, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" Althea drawled.

"Mad an' hairy? Wouldn' be talkin' 'bou me, now would yeh?" Hagrid grinned, the quartet looked guilty.

"What's that you've got, Hagrid?" Harry asked.

"Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent. Fer the Mandrakes, yeh know. Accordin' ter Professor Sprout, they still got a bit o' growin' up ter do, but once their acne clears up, we'll be able to chop 'em up, stew 'em, an' get those people in the hospital un-Petrified. 'Til then, you three best watch yerselves, all righ'?"

They nodded and watched him wake away, Althea shook her head. "Hagrid didn't do it." She was certain.

Suddenly Neville ran up to them, "Harry, I don't know who did it, but... you'd better come."

Neville led them to the boy's dorms, the entire dorm was trashed. Clothes strewn everywhere, pillows pulled apart, books thrown across the place. Althea whistled, "This is... brutal."

"It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password. Unless, it wasn't a student..." Hermione trailed.

"Well, whoever it was, they were looking for something."

"And they found it... Tom Riddle's diary is gone."

Harry froze as he heard the same voice he had heard that night the chamber was first opened. They were at Quidditch practice, Ron and Hermione had tagged along.

As soon as Harry froze Ron groaned, "No... don't tell me..."

Hermione was not listening, her mind was running. She perked up suddenly, "Harry... I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!"

She ran to the library leaving the three behind her, "What do you understand!" Harry yelled. She already gone, Harry turned to the twins in confusion, "The library?"

Althea shrugged but Ron answered, "That's Hermione. When in doubt, go to the library."

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

The day of the match came quickly, the Gryffindor team stood ready in one of the towers. "Listen up now. We play our game, Hufflepuff doesn't stand a chance. We're stronger, quicker, smarter."

"Not to mention they're dead terrified Harold'll Petrify them if they fly anywhere near him." Althea laughed, causing Harry to glare at her slightly.

"That too." Oliver added, smiling slightly.

As they were about to walk out, McGonagall rushed towards them, "Minnie-"

"This match has been cancelled."

Oliver looked appalled. "Cancelled! They can't cancel Quidditch --"

"Silence, Wood! You will return to Gryffindor Tower now. Potter, Thea, we'll find Mr. Weasley. There's something the both of you need to see.

McGonagall led the trio through the hospital wing, before they entered she stopped. "I warn you. This will be a bit of a shock."

McGonagall moved out of the way and the trio saw Pomfrey standing over a girl. Upon closer inspection, all hearts dropped to their stomach. "Hermione!" Ron gasped. They ran towards her, Althea softly touched Hermione, seeing if she could sense anything about what happened.

Nothing. "E-excuse me." She ran off and towards the girls bathroom, determined not to cry. There wasn't anything I could do. She kept repeating but there was a little something telling her that if she had only had the vision.

Althea slid down the girls bathroom wall and was happy that Myrtle was not there. It's not my fault, it's not my fault. Her head and back leaned against the wall as she sat crisscrossed.

"Hello?" A quiet voice spoke.

Althea looked up to see a blonde girl, she looked Ginny's age and she was dressed in Ravenclaw robes, in her hands were a bouquet of flowers. "Who are you?"

"Luna. Luna Lovegood."

Althea nodded, "Althea." She looked at the flowers. "Why-why the flowers?"

"They're for Myrtle, today's the day she died."

Althea's face turned pale, "Do you know how she died?"

Luna nodded, "She was murdered. 50 years ago."

Althea's eyes widened. She quickly got up, "Merlin! Thank you Luna, tell Myrtle I'm sorry." She bolted to the library, there was one thing she needed to see.