004| harry rejects draco (for the first time)

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ═════╗

Diviner

Harry Rejects Draco (for the first time)

╚══════✮❁•°❀°•❁✮══════╝

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

THE TRIO EXITED the train and once they had greeted Hagrid, who Harry seemed to know. First years got to school by boats, crossing the lake between the station and Hogwarts.

Althea was in a boat with Harry and Ron, the boys were gawking at the enormous school while Althea didn't pay much attention, her attention was on the water. She wanted to know what was in it and the feeling of the cool water on her skin when she dipped her fingers in was refreshing.

"Wow..." Harry breathed as he tilted his head up to take in the view of the entire castle.

Once they reached the edge, the three got out and Hagrid led them into school, "This way!" He led them up the grand staircase, Althea's feet hurting just a few steps in.

"Merlin, I'm going to have a heart attack." She panted.

Ron laughed, "Such a fatarse."

Althea hit him across the shoulder, "Shut up!"

They finally reached the top of the stairway and were met with a woman, she had on emerald robes and round glasses, a witch hat sat on the top of her hair which was in a very tight bun. " Welcome to Hogwarts. I am Professor Mcgonagall. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

She opens her mouth to speak again when she's interrupted, "Trevor!" Neville jumped forward and grabbed him, a few students laughed and he shrunk back in embarrassment, "Sorry."

Mcgonagall nodded, "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She left for the great hall.

Althea moved to stand against the railing, she was not in the mood to stand around, "It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." A voice spoke. Whispers broke out, everyone in small groups, "Harry Potter?"

"This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy." Ron snickered at his name. Draco turned to him, " Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well, soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He stuck out his hand, Harry glanced down at it, almost scrutinizingly.